008

days had passed and summer and lily still weren't talking. lily wanted to mend the friendship and had tried to several times, but this time it was a summer's fault. she was ignoring everyone.

matt, Chris, nick, alahna, and lily.

everyone.

her Rylee frenzy was just getting worse like it did every. single. time.

summer was now extra grounded, but she had a feeling it wouldn't last much longer.

summer was told there was a party at some kid's house, all she had to hear was "alcohol" and she was practically floating to the party. dressed in a red crewneck, ripped jeans with fishnets underneath, red and black jordans, with her hair tossed in a messy ponytail, summer was walking to the party after practically falling out of her window.

her only goal for tonight: get wasted and sneak back in successfully.

she arrived at the party and dapped up a bunch of kids who she didn't know but was only interacting with to get in, before walking over to the table with drinks. she filled her cup with vodka and juice before floating to a couch with a bunch of kids.

"heyyy you're Noah's ex right?" a random kid who looked like a freshman asked her as she sat down, gulping her drink a bit fast. she nodded, acting like it was a normal question, but a bunch of the girls he was sitting with gasped in annoyance at the dude.

"bro, you don't just ask someone if they're someone's ex, that's like, super rude," a girl who was a bit too drunk said to the man, the other girls agreeing. summer quickly felt uncomfortable with the presence of her ex's name in the air, she got up to get more alcohol.

3 drinks in, and summer was standing behind a different couch, watching a kid talk to another man.

"come on, don't be a buzzkill. just one hit." one of the man's voices said as he tried to pressure the other into a hit of a joint, the other one not into it.

"Nah man, you go ahead but I gotta drive my brothers home man," the voice said, and summer realized who was pressuring people into it, which made her a bit mad. she walked over to the man holding the joint and grabbed it from him, taking a small hit before throwing it on the ground and smashing it with her foot.

"fuck off joey, if he doesn't want to smoke, don't fucking make him. it's fuckin easy." she groaned, after blowing the smoke in his eyes. she motioned for him to leave, but he didn't.

"get the fuck out" she whispered to the man before he skedaddled. she sat down on the couch next to the other boy, the dimmed lights making it hard to identify who it was.

"don't listen to joey, he always tries to get people hooked. you can have fun at a party without drinking or smoking" summer said, finishing the cup and setting it on the floor as she looked at the man next to her. he seemed to recognize her, but the alcohol was making it hard for summer to recognize him.

"summer? what are you doing here?" matt asked, looking to the girl who had laid her head against the couch and was looking at matt dreamily.

"partying obviously," summer said, still not connecting the dots.

"no shit but why are you alone?" he asked, summer finally realizing who it was. she wanted to leave, she wanted to ignore him like she had been doing, but she didn't. instead, she scooted closer and laid her head on his shoulder, falling asleep.

"summer?"

"mhm?"

"what is going on?" he asked, leaning closer to her.

"I miss my sister."

The next thing summer knew is she was asleep. Matt spent the time calling nick and Chris, eventually getting their attention and getting them to come closer. when they realized who was sleeping on him, they all got confused.

summer ended up drifting her head to matts lap, only falling into a deeper sleep. eventually, Matt picked her up and carried her to the van, where she slept in the back-back, head on lilys lap.

"what are we gonna do? She's passed out and we cant get her back into her house!" Chris exclaimed, lily yelling at him to shut up.

"This is what you're going to do. we're going to take her back to yours, put her in a bed, and carry on with whatever we were going to do. she needs to sleep. I'll deal with her parents tomorrow." lily explained, knowing Marylou wouldn't mind having a 2nd guest over.

"I vote lilys plan," Matt said, nick and Chris agreeing.

only a few minutes later Matt was carrying summer into the house, laying her in Nick's bed as lily tucked her in. the triplets had left but lily needed a moment, she wanted to make sure her best friend was okay.

"what the hell summer, what is going on with you? you hate drinking," lily asked the passed-out girl, talking to each other while asleep was something they'd always done, whether they were mad at each other or not.

lily sighed, tucking her friend in one last time and kissing her forehead before turning the lights out and leaving. lily had to wipe a tear from her cheek as she closed the door, hugging Chris, who was waiting for her.

the next morning, summer awoke to the noise of loud laughter from another room. she sat up and realized she was in Nick's bed, lily right next to her. summer stood out of the bed and began walking towards the door, taking a look at lily before leaving.

not only was summer immensely confused, but she also didn't feel numb anymore. she didn't want to push away her friends anymore.

she walked into the kitchen to see the triplets, alahna, and Marylou all standing in the kitchen, the boys and alahna trying to make breakfast while Marylou supervised.

Marylou noticed summer before anyone else did, she hugged the girl and walked off, knowing she needed to leave the kids to talk.

"mom! how do i-" nick asked, turning around and seeing summer in his mother's spot. summer smiled and looked at the boy wide-eyed, watching as the 3 others all turned around to see her.

"good morning," Matt said first, making summer smile as he put a plate of eggs and bacon in front of her. alahna ran over and hugged the girl, as she hadn't talked to her in forever.

"I missed you" alahna whispered into summers ear, making her smile.

"I missed you too alahna," summer whispered back before they let go. next was nick, then Chris, then matt. all 4 of them had realized summer was back to normal before she had to say anything.

"How mad is lily at me?" summer asked as they all ate their breakfast together, lily still asleep.

"she isn't mad" alahna started

"yeah actually she is quite the opposite, she didn't get any sleep last night, she was up all night, worried about you" nick added

"she is only asleep now because we made her get in bed and at least try to sleep," Matt smiled as he sat next to her, their legs touching under the table. no one made an effort to move, which made summer's stomach do backflips.

while summer was trying to hide her blushed face, lily woke up and walked out of the room. summer noticed and ran to the girl, holding her in a tight embrace.

1275 words

liz speaks !

matt + summer = uncontrollable happiness

also i <3 this friend group

also who wants marylou as a mom cus i sure know i do

THANK YOU FOR 400 READS HOLY SHIT THATS INSANE.
literally tho we just hit 300 reads on the 21st it's now the 24th wtf y'all are insane.