012

"okay what can i get y'all for today," the waiter asked, summer quickly turned her head to the woman as matt ordered.

"yea for me a classic burger and her the 'sea-sar' salad," he asked and she wrote them down. the woman looked to summer for comformation, to which summer nodded smiley.

the woman left and summer redirected her gaze back to matt's hands still over hers. she figured he was going to remove them, to which he didn't. his hands were warming up summers, which were so cold she was shivering.

matt noticed, and sat up with his jacket in his arms. he walked over to the girl and helped her put her arms through the sleeve. summer smiled and said a quiet thank you.

"next question!!" summer annoyingly sang as they both sat at the table, taking in a breath of the salty air. to her surprise, she didn't smell the saltiness of the air, she smelled the freshness of matt's jacket. she looked down and realized the zip up that stayed on her shoulders was a ransom zip up, the one she tried so hard to get when it came out but it sold out in her size.

"holy fucking shit," she gasped, confusing matt.

"yea?"

"dude i tried so hard to get this jacket when jonny released it, it sold out so fucking fast man"

"really? you can have it if you want. i never wear it because it's too small"

"what?? no oh my god this was such an expensive hoodie matt i can't let you give it to me"

"eh, too late."

it was a lot later now, summer and matt were just waiting for the waiter to come back after matt refused to let summer pay.

the lady came back and matt was just putting his card back into his wallet when he read the receipt. his face made a questionable look before he shoved it into his wallet.

"let's go walk along the shoreline like they do in the hallmark movies!" matt exclaimed happily, walking down the pier with summer. she smiled about how happy he was, she giggled and followed behind him happily.

they were walking down the beach, shoes in their hands. it was silent between them, the crashing of the waves the only thing that could be heard. no people were seen for miles, the sunset making it darker.

matt had stopped and summer stopped as well, standing to face the boy. they were really close, holding each others free hand.

"i really enjoyed this, matt"

matthewsturniolo