016

but was he yours if he wanted me so bad?

mattyb 💅

heyy
so ik we didn't get to go see harry potter
but the theater is playing it again today
wanna see it?

PLEASE

k I'm omw

summer smiled and shot up, running to her closet to get ready. she was so excited, she loved harry potter.

summer ended up picking this out for an outfit:

summer and matt sat in the theater, holding hands with matts head on summers shoulder

summer and matt sat in the theater, holding hands with matts head on summers shoulder. he didn't know anything about harry potter, but he didn't care because all he wanted to do was make summer happy. he looked up at the girl who was invested in the movie and smiled.

after the movie, Matthew was dropping summer off. it was pitch black out, and raining. the kids were standing in front of the front door to summers house, they were both getting soaked but neither cared. they only stood inches away from each other, the breath coming from matt hitting summers lips, only making her want him more.

"they're playing another harry potter again next week, wanna do it again?" Matthew asked and summer nodded, leaning against her door. without hesitation, she wrapped her hands around his neck and connected their lips.

*the next week*

the triplets except for matt, alahna, and summer were at lilys house, everyone but summer playing Uno. summer was impatiently waiting for Matthew to pick her up for the movies.

but it was 15 minutes after the time he was supposed to be there, and he still wasn't there.

summer was bummed and slouched on the sofa. she watched her friends play the card game, specifically Chris and lily, who were playing as one. they were also snuggled up, lily sitting in between Chris's legs and leaning against his back. his arms were snaked around her waist and held onto her tightly, her free hand holding on top of his.

summer tried not to cry while she read her past texts from matt, he hadn't said anything about canceling. she checked over and over that it was the right time and day, wishing for something to have explained him not being there. but nothing. matt had agreed to pick summer up at 6 at lilys house, yet he wasn't there at 6:30.

eventually, nick and alahna realized it was 30 minutes past the time matt was supposed to have picked her up, and that he wasn't there.

nick turned around and looked at the sad girl, grabbing her hand and pulling her down. summer sat in between nick and alahna, trying not to cry. summer simply set her head on alahnas shoulder and held her hand, wishing matt was there.

once the game was over, lily and Chris had disappeared, leaving nick, alahna, and summer alone. it was now close to 7, alahna and nick couldn't stand to see their friend like this.

"Okay come on. we're taking you to see harry potter since matt can't seem to," alahna said happily, grabbing her keys and helping summer stand up. summer didn't argue, though she was sad harry potter always made her feel better.

during the entire movie, summers mind was on one thing and one thing only. matt. she wasn't there with matt.

instead of laying her head on Matts's shoulder, she was laying it on Nick's. instead of sharing a soda with matt, she was sharing it with alahna. instead of being there with matt, she was there with nick and alahna.

of course, she was grateful for it, it wasn't the same.

while leaving, nick and alahna had been trying to push summer out really quickly. she kept trying to look behind her to see the end credit scene but they wouldn't let her.

while summer and alahna were in the line for the bathroom, summer finally saw what her friends had been trying to shield her from.

matt was playing an arcade game and flirting with none other than, Sylvia.

summer couldn't help but stare. she stared in fear, worried she was hallucinating.

alahna figured out what was going on, and just held summers hand. summer couldn't bear to see the girl who hurt summer more than anything flirt with the boy summer wanted more than anything.

but instead of crying as someone else would do, summer giggled.

the car ride home was silent. summers occasional laughs were the only thing you could hear. nick and alahna just looked at each other with worry, as alahna drove to summers house.

matt

funny

what?

I thought you weren't lying when you said you wouldn't leave

summer what are you talking about

I was actually dumb enough to believe you when you said you liked me

summer if this is about the movies I'm sorry, I'm super sick ik I should've said something earlier but I was asleep.

whoop there you go, another lie.

?

this is about you, ditching me for harry potter.

what

not even that. for you ditching me for Sylvia. the girl who destroyed me.

sum I'm sorry

I thought you were serious about this.

I am she just asked and I couldn't say no

so you fucking flirt with her?

....

the funny thing is, alahna and nick were trying to protect me. but I think i needed this. I need to be tougher.

summer

first, it was my father, then it was Sylvia, now you.

summer please let me explain.

don't fucking talk to me Matthew, I don't wanna hear it. go talk to Sylvia.

summer laughed as she left the text app, numb.

maybe Melanie was right when she said "and it's all fun and games until somebody falls in love. but you already bought a ticket and there's no turning back now."

965 words

Liz speaks!
I'm crying.
WHY MATT. WHY.
jk ik why im literally the author

also, fuck Sylvia.

qotd: have you ever been in love?
me: yea but the dude I was in love with burned down a playground:) a**** if your seeing this (which I fucking doubt you are), go fuck yourself :D