8. Encounter

At the headquarters.

You were there. In the flesh. All the things required were brought with you in a sled. You had to drag it all the way down, along with lugging your hammer behind you. "Lets go, you'll stay in my room for the time being." Lucky for you, none of the harbingers seemed to be in the halls. Only a servant every now and then. Entering his room you began to set up an area. "I'll be back [Y/N]."

"Where are you going?"

"Just running errands for the Tsaritsa, I'll be back in a moment." He went over and planted a small kiss on your forehead.

  You had everything you needed, so this didn't bother you much. "Alright, I'll see you later. Return safely." You turned back to focus on your work making sure everything was prepared. You found the items Scaramouche packed and placed it with the other things. Your chalkboard had everything needed for your presentation to be flawless. It had to go off without a hitch. Seeing as you had time you decided to write to Marjorie about everything that has happened through the past few days.

Dear Marjorie.                                                     1/17

   Do I have a story for you, so much has happened throughout the past few days. Starting off, my invention will be shown to the Tsaritsa today. If this succeeds I may have to leave Snezhnaya because of it. If it doesn't.. well I'm afraid you won't be hearing from me . I have a request of you because of it. My sister will be heading to Mondstadt to live with my grandmother, Helga [L/N], please let me know how she settles in. Also remember how you kept teasing me about not having a boyfriend? I finally got one! Well sorta, he's a harbinger. Its not exactly official, its on and off. I do want it to be official however. I hope everything is going well on your end. Wish me luck.

                                                               From,
                                                               [Y/N]

A knock came at the door before a voice rang out. "Hey Scaramouche did you hear what happened with-" A familiar ginger walked in. He paused in his statement when he realized the other harbinger wasn't there. "Why hello there [Y/N] what are you doing here?"

"Just working on things. Scaramouche stepped out. Said it was orders or something."

He begun to walk towards you "I was hoping to talk to him." He heaved a sigh. "But since you're here..."

Feeling a little intimidated you began to walk backwards, he begun to continue "I heard about what happened after dinner."

Your back hit the wall. 'Shit.' His left arm was planted on the wall causing the effect he was towering over you. His other hand slowly lifted up your chin to meet his eyes.

"What a shame. Wasting your time with him?" He put his knee between your legs separating them swiftly. You couldn't speak. 

"You could do so much better with me you know?" He kept moving closer.

You softly whispered, "Please, stop"

"So how about it, see who's better in bed-"

Suddenly the doors opened.

Scaramouche POV

He strode into the headquarters and dropped off what he needed to. Making his way through the building he could've sworn he saw a certain ginger in the corner of his eye. Thinking nothing of it he began to round the corner of the hall leading to his room. Before he could turn the knob he heard a voice coming from inside his room.

"What a shame. Wasting your time with him?" His blood began to boil.

"You could do so much better with me you know."

'That damn prick. What was he doing talking to [Y/N].' The Harbinger was going to burst full of rage.

"So how about it. Lets see who is better in bed-"

That was the final straw. Bursting into the room he saw the position the ginger had you in. If Childe thought he was mad, he would be wrong. The dark haired man was furious.

"What the hell do you think you're doing in my room."

Childe backed away from you. "Just having a chat with [Y/N]" he turned his attention back to you "So how about it? Take me up on my offer and we can head to my room right now-"  he offered.

"Leave."

"What?"

"I said leave childe."

He saw the look upon the Balladeer's face. The menacing look told him that there was going to be a fight if he didn't leave now.

"Tch. While I would love a good fight I'm afraid it can't be now." He gave you a look and sent a little wink, thoroughly disgusting you.

   After exiting the room the inazuman rushed towards you cupping your face in his hands. It was a little rough but it didn't harm you. Looking at him you saw small droplets of blood and a splatter on the side of his clothes. "What did that asshole do to you."

"Nothing I swear-" you frantically pleaded.

"How long was he in here."

"He just said a few things before you arrived." Your breath was still a little shaky from the recent encounter.

His grip strengthened a bit. "Do not take up his offer."

"I won't. How did you come back so early, and why do you have blood?" you questioned.

"Shhhh, no need to worry about that." He pulled you into a small embrace. "I just had to take care of things, to help with your meeting with the Tsaritsa."

His words of encouragement dug into you. You thought he would be crude because of his occupation. Turns out he's quite the opposite. You didn't know if this was a facade but you played along.

"You better keep your word about those drinks. I could go for a fire liquor just about now."

He backed you into a wall pinning your arms above your head. The harbinger's lips curved into a smile. "I can't wait to see what kind of drunk you are, hopefully you're the flirty kind." He traced a hand along your side before stopping at your hips and letting go. Such a tease. Sometimes you wish he would continue.

"Its already 4:23, we should get going. The Tsaritsa won't take kindly to you being late."

1053 words, sorry for the late chapter! I struggled so much because I had a mind blank. Anyways what do you think the invention is?