12. Alastor

A/N - So close to 1000 reads!!

Scaramouche POV

He was called into the throne room before [Y/N]. Kneeling down he bowed his head. "Your majesty."

"Scaramouche, I have a job for you. This will require the use of that girl-"

"What do the plans require me to do with her?" His eyes opened a little out of concern. 'Stupid, stupid stupid!' He scolded himself inside his head. He hoped that the Tsaritsa wouldn't notice.

A sharp shard of ice grazed his hair and made a small, not so noticeable cut on his cheek. "So eager," she spoke as she leaned in, "but don't cut me off." her icy glare was frightening.

The Tsaritsa continued, "That machine, if she ever so happens to turn on us and give it to another nation could be catastrophic. Do you know what to do?"

Despite never being nervous in the Tsaritsa's presence a small bead of sweat dropped down. His head was still turned towards the ground. "What shall I do?"

The Tsaritsa took a breath in and paused. "I want you to get the blueprints to her design,

and kill her."

The harbingers eyes were as wide as saucers. "There must be better ways to do this-"

A small shard of ice dug into his leg. A wince could be heard but nothing more. "I said don't cut me off. Listen I want that power to belong to me. I don't want her in possession of such things like those. Our nation could crumble if she shares that power."

The Tsaritsa pulled out a small photo. "I know you were sent to protect her but you've grown attached." She handed him the photo, it was taken by someone else seeing the two of you drinking at the bar. "I sent that drunkard to try and get [Y/N] away from you, you created a scene. She's a distraction Balladeer."

"You will go on your mission to Inazuma tomorrow and bring her. Make sure to finish your orders and when you come back I want to make sure she's dead."

Just then a fatui guard chimed in, "she's here your majesty."

[Y/N] POV - after meeting with the Tsaritsa (I'm not rewriting that)

You followed your commander outside into the hall. Your head was still down. You were trying to comprehend what the Tsaritsa said, you are now working under Scaramouche. You took a closer look at him, leg was limping a little.

"Hey Scara what happened to your leg-"

"I'm fine. I'll be heading to the hydro gunners just to heal up. Do what you need to, we leave at dawn."

"To where?"

"Inazuma."

"Alright, I have to meet up with someone quickly."

"Who?"

"He's just an childhood friend."

The harbinger grunted and mumbled something under his breath. You couldn't hear what he said though.

"one more thing." he continued.

"Hm?"

"You'll be working under me so address me just like any of the others."

"And what would that be?"

"My Lord."

"Understood. "

He raised an eyebrow.

"My lord" you added quickly. A nod came from him.

"Maybe behind closed doors you can address me by my name. Maybe." And with that he walked off. Seeing as you had free time you decided to send that letter, but how would they reach you? 'I'll just send nox over with a note of where to reach me. Inazuma...' You went to your room and placed your hammer down, going to grab your letter from the desk drawer. The rest of the items used for your presentation were at your now empty house.