Chapter 1 Pary 3 : Could All of This Get Any Worse?

Another two days has been passed, and now Cale feel better than ever—his effort for drinking those disgusting antidote finally has paid off.

This morning, he finally join the family breakfast--for the first time. The atmosphere was kinda awkward, but Cale was too dense to even realized it. He busy eating the steak in front of him.

'Wow, this really tasty. The only good things about living in this body was I get to eat delicious food everyday.'

Cale munching the steak, interally admiring the taste.

Violan peeked toward the calm Cale, then secretly kicked Deruth's ankles. Deruth let out a fake cough, trying to melt the icy atmosphere.

"Cale, how's your feeling?"

"I feel much better, Father."

"I see, that's good to hear."

Another wave of awkward silence comes.

Violan just let out a heavy sigh, shake her head because of her hopeless husband that can't even hold a convertation.

"Cale dear, I heard you've awaken your magic ability not too long ago?"

Cale stopped his knife from slicing the steak, rise his head to meet his mother's gaze.

'Fuck, the game didn't mention how Cale Henituse awaken his magic ability!'

The boy's face looks calm, even though his head was a mess. After quickly debated inside his head, he decided to go with the flow.

"Yes, Mother."

"It's an honor that there's someone who awakened magic ability in our family. But I think you shouldn't use your magic recklessly, Cale. I heard you nearly set the plate that you're throw--ahem, I meant holding in fire."

Ah, so that's when Cale Henituse awaken his magic ability. His magic accidentally awake when he was throwing tantrum.

'What a guy.'

Well, Cale Henituse only blessed with small amount of mana, or you could say his magic was weak. Even if in the future Cale accidentally use his magic, it won't hurt, right? In the game, Cale Henituse got last rank in magic test.

'I'm weak. Well, it's a good thing, though.'

If he weak, that's means he got less reponsibility, and it's also means he can easily get his dear slacker life!

He take a quick note inside his head, before nodding.

"I understand, Mother."

In the other hand, a ten years old boy was eating his food in silent, observing the older boy with confused gaze.

'Hyung-nim looks calmer than usual.'

Cale who was realized that the other kid was staring at him, couldn't help but stare back.

"What's wrong? Is there something on my face?"

Basen—Cale Henituse's step brother--nerveously shook his head.

"N-No! Not at all! I-I was just thinking if Hyung-nim gonna attend the academy this year ...."

"Ah."

Deruth gasped.

"That's right. Cale, you should've entered the academy then ...."

For some reason, Deruth looks upset while saying that.

How can he not? His son was nearly died and just recovered, and then he had to sent him far away--into the academy?!

He really wanted to change. He wanted to be a better father for Cale.