Chapter 2 Part 1 : Could All of This Get Any Worse? II

Ron knows that his puppy young master is hiding something.

It's weird. Ever since the poison incident, he has become more calmer. He stopped throwing tantrums. He even started to says 'thank you' and become more polite to everyone. Ron haven't seen that side of him since the death of the last countess, her birth mother. It's like ... he's a different person yet at the same time it's also the usual him. Maybe something has happened while he was in the verge of death? Ron couldn't figure it out.

Cale started to go to the library the day after he recovered. He went there every day right after breakfast, spending all day, even skipped his meal if Ron didn't remind him.

Ron wonder, is he studying? His puppy young master always been an intelligent child when the late countess was still around, even though he stopped attending his classes after her death. Maybe it's because he's going to attend the academy, that's why he started to study again?

However, something is indeed weird. Every time Cale stepped out from the library, he'll covered in sweat, and his face will turn red. It was an early spring, the weather is still quite cold because winter has just ended not too long ago. Ron decided to watch a little more, before reporting to Countess Violan. At least, that's what he planning to do, until today.

He was standing in front of the library door like usual, waiting for his puppy young master done with his 'study'. But when Cale comes out, Ron spotted something shocked.

His face was paler than usual, and he also covered in sweat. Ron could see the kid's eyes quite teary. Is he ... just cried?

The boy flinched when saw Ron standing right in front of the door. There's glimpse of fear in his eyes.

He's hiding something.

"Young Master-nim, are you alright?"

"Y-Yeah, I'm fine. I want to head back to my room."

Cale scratched his cheek, then quickly stepped forward.

As an expert assasin, Ron's eyes is sharp. His eyes widened when he saw a scar that hidden behind his young master's sleeve. He grab Cale's left arm, pull down his sleeve until the scar perfectly could be seen.

"Young Master."

Ron's voice darkened.

"What happened?"

***

A moment before Cale exit the Library.

"How to undo the spirit contract?"

Cale asked with desperate face. He really didn't need all of this power, for God's sake! Why did unlucky things keep happening to him?!

— Too bad, Summoner! A spirit contract couldn't be cancelled, unless you're willing to broke your plate and die!!

The Sound of the Wind answered with refreshed expression, didn't see Cale's face turn paler at her vicious statement.

— It's been a while since last time I come to human's world. Is there any new dishes here? I'm hungry.

Glutton rubbed her stomach, flapping her wings and flying around the depressed Cale.

Cale raised his head. Both of his eyebrows twitched.

"Wait, you can eat?"

— Of course. What is the function of our mouth if it not used for eating?

"Then, is that means anyone else could see you?"

— Oh, don't worry. Only you that could see us.

'Thank fuck.'

Cale sighed.