Chapter 2 Part 3 : Could All of This Get Any Worse? II

When lunch time, the mother-son duo decided to have some lunch in a three-story restaurant. The food there taste amazing, although not as good as the meal at the mansion. Cale secretly slid a plate of dessert under the table after Glutton kept blabbering about the food inside his head.

"Cale."

Violan suddenly called him.

Cale who was trying to slid the third plate of dessert under the table flinched. The plate almost slipped from his hand. Fortunately, Glutton immediately caught the plate, placing it under the table safely.

— Phew, that was close! Anyway, thank you, Summoner!!

— Hey Glutton, you're seriously being a ... glutton.

Super Rock just shake his head seeing the enthusiastic green fairy.

"Y-Yes Mother?"

Cale answered anxiously.

"Hm? Is something wrong?"

"No, nothing."

Violan was a little suspicious, but decided to let it slide. She went back to what she wanted to ask.

"Cale, what do you think about having a pet?"

"... A pet?"

Cale subconsciously looked under the table.

— Huh? What are you looking at?

Just having a spirits by his side was already troublesome. He couldn't imagine how chaotic his life would be if he adopt a pet. Maybe he'll gone crazy.

— Hey, you're not thinking of us as a pet, aren't you?!

Cale internally sigh. He then raised his head, looking at the face of his mother who was waiting for his answer.

"I think it's not necessary, Mother."

"... Why would that?"

'Because it's troublesome! Look at these spirits who already bothered me!!'

Of course, Cale couldn't says that out loud.

"I'm afraid I'm not good enough to take care of it."

That's the only things he could say.

Violan clearly looks upset somehow. She then touched Cale's palm, smiled sadly.

"Cale, please don't think like that."

Cale blinking his eyes.

'Huh? Thinking like what?'

"At least, let's take some look, okay?"

"... Uh, okay?"

'Why is she like this?'

Cale confused, but didn't want to think about it and decided to tag along.

After finishing their lunch, the two of them went to a pet shop. The pet shop was quite large, with many cages filled with animals lined up in every corner of the room. Violan happily showed Cale the animals around them.

“Cale, look. This pony had wings. Doesn't it look really cute?”

Violan said while pointing a white baby pony who was sleeping inside the cage.

Cale could imagine in his head, this pony would fly wildly with the spirits destroying his room. Cale immediately shook his head.

"Then what about this puppy? It said could breath a fire!"

— Oh, my man!

Cheapskate flying around the obsidian puppy excitedly.

'Mother, do you want to set our house on fire?!'