Chapter 8 - "Important Information: He's Not Happy." - Spidella's POV

WARNING, this chapter contains:

-POV of a dead character.
-Angst(?)
-Gore
-Torture
If any of that disturbs you and/or makes you uncomfortable, I suggest you wait for the next chapter or proceed with caution.

If you are still continuing, I hope you enjoy! :)
The laws of physics will be broken a lot in this chapter.
---

I sat in the temple. Alone. It was deafeningly quiet, aside from the rain that poured relentlessly outside. I had tried to go out into it, as it was the first time it had rained since I died, but it made me feel like I was burning alive, so I came back in. My skin still had burns on it from the rain, but they didn't hurt too much anymore. 

It gets lonely down here sometimes. I miss being able to talk to friends.. family, even. All my family was either missing, infected, or... Like my dad.

I felt bitter thinking about him.

I had hoped someone would have brought something down here for me to use to give them answers. But, I guess due to the infection, such equipment is unavailable. That's fine. I can wait. 

I decided to stop just sitting in a corner and chose to walk around. It's cold down here, the rain doesn't help. My fingertips were numb. The stone walls felt like ice. 

I walked down the hallway that I had taken Willow and Georgie down, I felt numb to this hallway. I'd been down it so many times, each time unable to enter the door part-way down that led to where he resided. He doesn't know I'm here, at least I think anyway. 

Today was going to be different. I was going to go in.

I managed to get the door open and went in. The throne room looked empty. If I still had a heart, I could imagine that it would be pounding in my ears, and it would feel like it were in my throat. I had the feeling, despite my heart not being there, as I walked towards the first door. I heard soft voices, but I couldn't identify any of them. No one was in there when I opened the door. As I moved around, I could've sworn that I heard footsteps and saw eyes on me when I turned around to see their source.

My skin felt as it it was crawling as I went deeper into whatever my father had built. I came across a room that had a heavy scent of blood and death. When I opened the door, I was grateful that I was incapable of vomiting. However, I could still gag, as I found out when I saw the cages stacked full of those he'd killed. I walked quickly to the door at the end, what awaited the other side surprised me.

It was a bedroom. It was surprisingly clean. I questioned how whoever slept here could live with the stench of blood and death constantly going up their nose each time they breathed. How they didn't gag or vomit confused me as well. They must've gotten used to the smell.

The room was well furnished, a bed in the center with the headboard against the wall. A small nightstand with a lamp on it. A tall closet of some sort. A crimson chair pointed towards a window that overlooked the field outside, and a desk with a chair in the corner. When I examined the desk further, I found a book. It appeared to be a journal of some sort. It was small enough that I was able to hold it comfortably in one hand. The concept of stealing made me feel ill, but I was so curious about it. I slid it in my pocket.

It was then that I heard the doorknob click.

How had I not heard whoever was coming's footsteps? I hurried to hide next to the closet, squinting my eyes so they didn't glow as much. Whoever entered walked quickly, taking a seat at their desk. A quiet, "Where's my journal..?" gave away who it was.

My father.

My nonexistent heart raced, I could somehow feel it. He knew the journal was stolen. I knew picking it up was a bad idea. He looked around the room, I tensed as he looked in my direction. If he saw me, he didn't make it obvious. He stood up and left the room wordlessly. I hesitated before slipping out of my hiding place, opening the window, and climbing out.

I dropped onto an open bridge. Due to my ghostly form, I wasn't harmed. However, the rain was burning me alive, and I hurried back under the closure of the temple's roof.

I went into an open room and climbed a web, dropping onto a web hammock and sitting;  taking the journal out. I felt a pang on guilt for stealing it from my father, but I needed to know what was inside. I opened it to the first page and began reading. At first, it was normal stuff. Him summarizing his day, seeming to be before he turned for the worse, until it took a sudden twist.

             'Hello.

                        They're all fools. All of them. They never listen to me. They only think of themselves. Not anymore. They will pay. With their lives.'

I couldn't believe what I was reading, I did a double take. It wasn't a coincidence that I saw Willow nearly bleeding out after their interaction. He wanted them dead. I felt stupid. My mind was racing as I turned to the next page, it was blank. So was the one after. I kept flipping until I came across a blood-stained page. It had a smile on it and a small note at the top in pen: 'Willow's blood.' I shivered at the thought of how he got the blood.

I set the journal down, but it fell. I didn't hear it hit the ground, so I looked down. 

There my father stood, looking up at me with a crazed look in his eyes and a sinister grin.

"Stealing, now are we..?" He questioned, his voice soft and terrifyingly smooth. He lifted himself off the ground and rose up to look me in the eye. "I don't know how you're still here, but I saw how the rain hurts you. I think I know how to punish you." He suddenly tore the web hammock and I fell, landing hard. I scrambled to my feet as quickly as I could, before he somehow grabbed my hand and dragged towards the outside area of the temple. I was so confused and scared that my only instinct was to bite him, and I did. I bit him hard. He yelped and let go of my hand. "Oh..So that's how you want to play this game?" As he spoke, I felt as if my nonexistent heart was in my throat.

He grabbed my wrist and flung me out into the field near us, I landed in a puddle and writhed. I couldn't move. My body was in so much agony. He stood near me, just watching. A sinister grin on his face. I eventually moved so much that I was out of the puddle, but the rain was still a problem.

I sat up just barely, my elbow supporting me. He didn't advance toward me. I assumed that he was satisfied with the fact that I was in enough pain from the rain. "Don't bother coming back into the temple, Spidella," He spoke with little to no emotion, "Or else you will feel pain far worse than what you're currently experiencing."

He turned and walked away.

I just remained there. My body hurt too much to move. My world was spinning, my vision went red. I was bleeding somehow, and the blood went in my eyes. How was that even possible? I'm dead..How can I still bleed?

  Eventually, the pain became too much, and my world went dark.