Chapter 16 - "Today On Dr. Phil - A Traitor!" - 3rd Person POV

Content Warning:
This chapter contains:
-Angst(?)
-Language

Please proceed with caution, or skip this chapter!
Enjoy! :]
--

Penny held Georgie as he slept, slowly rocking side to side. She heaved a sigh as Mimi and Pony returned to arguing a little ways away. It wasn't loud arguing, it was more-so just aggressive tones and harsh words flung around.

Willow's apparition hovered a little ways away, sitting mid-air cross-legged. She appeared to be looking for something as she slowly turned her head to look around the room. Penny briefly hesitated before asking, "Are you looking for someone, or something?" Willow's head snapped in her direction, but a flinch was all that came from Penny, "Oh, yeah. Uh, I was looking for a spider..She died God only knows how long ago, but I'm worried for her." At Willow's words, Mimi paused mid-sentence, "A spider? Like, a grown spider?" She questioned. Willow nodded, "Yeah, her name was Spidella." Mimi seemed to perk up a little, "Oh! She's here somewhere. Possibly outside."

Willow nodded, lowering herself and walking towards the door, a rush of cold air following her, which caused any bystanders to shiver.

She went outside, and scanned the field, spotting a duo sitting by a grave. That of which she recognized was her own. How she didn't see them before was startling, as she hadn't seen anyone go outside since she'd gotten here.

She carefully advanced towards it, recognizing Zee immediately. The zebra seemed to sense her presence long before she got there, turning to look at her when she was at least ten feet away. She raised a hand and waved, before directed her attention back to who was beside her. Which Willow soon recognized as Spidella.

The arachnid was the next to look at her as she came up, which she froze in surprise when she registered that Willow was there. A strangulated cry of Willow's name and a tackle to the floor by the spider was enough for Willow to feel a tear run down her cheek. Spidella sobbed into her shoulder, choking out between sobs, her voice straining as it brought her pain to speak, "I'm sorry! I shouldn't have taken you to the Kingdom, this is all my fault!" Which Willow gently silenced with, "You didn't cause this, Spidella. It's not your fault." Spidella pulled back from the hug, "No, I did! If I had just told you no when you asked for me to take you to him, you'd still be alive! And- and- ow!" She broke off her ramble to hold a hand to her throat. Willow frowned, "I know what you mean. And again, that's not your fault."

Spidella stared at her for a moment, her eyes still wide. She slowly shook her head, "It was. You're not going to change my mind." Was all she said before she fell silent, returning to her spot beside Zee with a hand to her throat. Willow slipped her hands in her pockets, sighing, "If I can't change your mind, then what can I do to make it better?" She asked after a while of silence. Spidella shook her head.

"The only thing that can really make it 'better' for her is if you're alive again."

Willow jumped at the sound of a voice behind her. She turned around, seeing Mimi standing a little ways away from her, "Well, that unfortunately can't happen thanks to him." Willow muttered, nodding towards the, now blocked off, Temple stairs.

Mimi sighed, "I know," She looked to Zee, and nodded towards the door. Zee seemed to understand something unsaid, getting up, and heading inside. Mimi then looked back to Willow, "You do understand that if you hadn't gone down there in the first place, none of this would've happened?" She said. Willow rolled her eyes, "Oh, so this is my fault now?" She challenged. Mimi held her stare, "That's exactly what I'm saying. You knew the dangers, yet you still went down there. George has almost died twice because you gave him the idea in the first place." Willow stared at her, appalled, "That second time he went down had nothing to do with me, he was angry over Penny!" 

"He wouldn't have ever gone down if you weren't dead!"

"That's not my fucking fault!"

"Yes, it is! If you hadn't gone down, you'd still be alive!"

"And how do you know that?!"

"Because you're smarter than that."

Willow's tail lashed, "Mimi, I went down there to stop him. Nothing else. If I could come back, I would. But I can't." Mimi rubbed her temples, "That's not what I'm saying, Willow," She gestured towards the wolf if a sharp, angered movement, "I'm saying that we wouldn't be here right now if you had just thought before you went down. I didn't stop you because I thought you would be okay, but clearly I was wrong." Willow narrowed her eyes, "So, this isn't my fault then, is it?" Mimi lowered her hand, slowly shrugging, "I don't know anymore, Willow. I don't know whose fault it is anymore." She turned and walked away without another word.

Not even an apology.

Willow turned back to Spidella, who hadn't looked up from the ground, "She's right, y'know.." The arachnid murmured, Willow raised a brow, "What do you mean by that?" Spidella looked back down, chewing her lip for a brief moment before pointing to Willow, then to the blocked off Temple entrance, then back to herself, then to the ground. Willow retracted the motions again, before she understood, "Spidella, I told you already, this wasn't your fault." Spidella shook her head, and Willow let out a groan, "Y'know, he was right about you." Spidella raised a brow, "Who?" Willow pointed to the Temple.

"Him. He was right about you. You are too stubborn for this world, even for the afterlife."

Spidella stared at her in shock, "You..You're working for him?!" She cried, gripping her own throat as pain exploded through it at the shriek. Willow slowly began to smile, "I have been this whole time. My death was a part of the plan, Spidella. He knows I'm here. He knows you're here. He knows where all of you are..And it's merely a matter of time before he takes you all out."

With that, Willow disappeared, leaving Spidella sitting, horrified, in the snow. 

The arachnid soon  got up, however, wasting no time running inside. Her eyes were wide with panic, "Spidella?! What's wrong?!" Mimi yelped as soon as the spider burst through the door. Spidella motioned for something to write on and something to write with. Mimi frantically glanced around, grabbing a notepad and pen and handing it to her. Spidella didn't have time to process how she was even able to hold it, and quickly began writing.

She wrote down everything Willow had told her, and dropped the book on the table, backing away with her hands plastered to her temples, backing up until she hit the wall and sunk to the floor. Mimi read over everything, and screamed. Causing everyone to run into the room, "Mimi, what's wrong?!" Kona questioned, running to stand beside her. She slid the notebook over to him, and he read it. His jaw dropped.

"Willow..She's a traitor?!"