Chapter 15 - "The Sun Can Fuck Right Off." - Georgie's POV

Content Warning:
This chapter will contain:

-Violence
-Gore
-Language

If any of these topics make you uncomfortable, I suggest you skip this chapter or continue with caution.
Enjoy. :)

---

I stormed down the stairs to the temple, blinded by rage so deeply that I could barely hear my sister choking out for me stop. I didn't stop at all until she grabbed my hand and made me stop, "Georgie, stop." She repeated, gasping for air between words. I felt a pang of guilt, "You're going to die if you try to fight him. Look at me, I could've easily ripped him apart if I wanted to, but I couldn't because he's too quick. You have to plan these things. Please, don't do this." She pleaded. I thought for a moment, before sighing, "Fine," I huffed, "But the second I'm able to, that man is going in the ground." Penny seemed concerned at that, but didn't object.

I put my trap and bat away with a mere snap, "Come on, I'm sorry or making you run." I said, beginning to help her back up the stairs. She sighed, looking down at me with a bit of a smile, "It's alright, it was worth it." She said.

Once we reached the top of the stairs, she paused to cough, her injury was catching up to her, I was sure of it. A brief panic passed through me as I remembered what happened with Willow. No, no...This can't happen again. I thought, gently urging Penny to keep going. Penny slowly nodded, "I'm okay, I think."

I went to continue walking, but froze in my steps, terror preventing me from moving a muscle. Someone was standing a little ways away from us, and from the glimmer that bounced off his crown from the torches that lined the walls' light, I knew exactly who it was. 

Lego had seen it all. He knew she was still alive.

"Penny- P-Penny run." I said, taking out my trap and bat again. She looked at me like I was crazy, "Oh, yeah, like I'm gonna run down these stairs again." She snorted, but her laughter quickly faded when she realized I was dead serious, and her eye landed on who was there.

"You." Lego snarled, his eyes laced with malice, he trembled violently as a manic grin spread on his face. I noticed he had a deep wound in his face that was still bleeding. "You both were supposed to die, yet you didn't." He continued. I stood in front of Penny, preparing to fight for our lives. I could hear the blood roaring in my ears as Lego's knife slid from his pocket by his grip, and his free hand began to glow. "Now, you will." He readied himself, as did I, and his final words slipped out.

"Prepare to dance with the devil, children. For I will be scheduling a visit early for you if it's the last thing I do."

With that, he ran at me, but in my mind it registered as him running at Penny. I ran at him as well, and body slammed him, which seemed to catch him off guard. We hit the ground hard and I grabbed his wrist, holding it down so he couldn't swing the knife, "Penny, get out of here!" I screamed, before socking Lego in the face.

Before Penny could even move or react to save herself, Lego kicked me off. I scrambled to my feet, and darted after him as he ran at her. But, before I could get to him to stop him, what he was planning had already been sent into motion. I yelped in terror as Penny's head clunked the floor at the bottom of the stairs.

I crashed my bat into Lego's side out of angered impulse, not even caring about my own safety anymore. I heard and felt a rib crack at the force of the swing, and for the first time ever, I heard him yelp. He briefly clutched his side, before he tackled me, I used my bat to keep him from swinging the knife down this time, the blade getting stuck in the wood. I briefly closed my eyes, and next thing I knew, I was out from his grip. My bat clattered to the ground as he ripped his knife from it.

He got to his feet and turned to face me, and darted at me, catching my on the arm with his knife. I grimaced as I saw fat poke out from the wound. Christ, that knife was sharp. I didn't have much time to react before he blasted me across the room with his repulsor. The beam burning into my back. How that didn't kill me, I'll never know. I struggled to my feet, turning to face him. I used the last bit of strength I had to tackle him, and smash him over the head with my trap. Hard. He didn't move after that, but, he was still breathing. Good.