Chapter 6

Stiles POV

A couple days passed and I was at my locker with Scott. Derek came up behind me scaring the shit out of me making himself and Scott laugh.

"What the hell?" I said punching him. He shrugged. "What are you even doing here?"

"Fine, I'll leave." he said, spinning on his heels to walk away. I grabbed his arm pulling him back.

He smiled, "I got you something." He said before looking at Scott.

"What?" Scott asked.

"Go away." Derek said.

Scott rolled his eyes, "See you in class." He said walking off.

I looked up at him, "Better?" I laughed.

"Yeah." He started, "It's cheesy but I thought you'd like it." He said pulling something from his pocket.

He handed me a bag of gummy bears with a note attached that said 'life without you is unBEARable' I laughed.

"Thanks." I said.

He shrugged, "You should get to class."

"Or I could not?"

He kissed me, "I'll walk you."

"Fine." I whined closing my locker. He put his arm around my shoulders and took me to class. Before he left I stopped him. "Can I come by after school?"

"Yeah of coarse. You okay?" He asked. I smiled at his concern.

"Yeah just want to talk." I said. "Thanks..again." I said holding up the gummy bears.

He nodded, kissing me one last time. "Now go." he laughed.

"Fine. Bye." I said hugging him feeling him hug back. I loved his hugs. They were warm and safe and I felt like nothing in the world could hurt me if I was wrapped up in his arms.

--

After school I made my way over to Derek's. My body hurt from lacrosse but I dealt with it. I walked inside throwing my bag on the ground. I walked over to him clinging to his side.

"Hi." I said.

"Hi, stinky." he replied. I snorted not moving from his side, I just watched as he made dinner.

"What did you wanna talk about?" He asked. I sighed getting up and sitting in a chair.

"We haven't DTR'd." I said.

"Uh what?" He said, looking at me like I just spoke Japanese.

"Defined the relationship." I said. He came over to sit by me.

"Didn't think we needed too," he started. "I thought it was obvious we're dating." he said pulling me closer to him.

"I thought so but I wasn't sure. You never asked..." I said mumbling toward the end.

He pulled me closer, "Stiles," he said grabbing my hand. "Will you be my boyfriend?"

I smiled and nodded. He picked me up kissing me before setting me down and returning to the stove.

A few minutes later he brought a plate over to me. "Thanks."

"You staying the night?" He asked, sitting down with his own plate.

"I dunno. Do you want me to?" He shrugged.

"That helps." I replied. Derek didn't get another word out before Scott stormed in.

"You know the Alpha pack is coming back and didn't tell me!?" He yelled.

"I was planning on telling you tomorrow." Derek said, shoving pasta in his mouth.

Scott glanced at me, "What are we supposed to do?" He asked.

"What do you mean?" Derek asked.

"They're probably going to go after someone again." Scott said.

"Like who?" Derek looked up. Scott pointed at me.

"What?" I said. "Why!?" Derek rubbed my back.

"He'll be fine. He can stay here or with you if you're really that worried." Derek said calmly.

Me? Why me? I didn't do anything.

Didn't.

Do.

Anything.

I'm just and innocent human. I'm fragile, and innocent, and not supernatural...did I mention I'm innocent.

I didn't sign up for this.