Chapter 34

1 year later

Stiles was happy again. He wasn't perfect, he had nights where the images would flash back into his memory but Derek would hold him and whisper sweet nothings to him until he calmed down. Derek understood. That's why Stiles went to Derek for comfort every time something happened. Because instead of pretending to understand, he did understand. And when he didn't, he just listened.

Derek decided to take Stiles out. It had been awhile since they had gone out together and Derek had a task he had to do. Stiles got ready while Derek waited downstairs. They were going to the carnival. Stiles had been bugging the wolf about going and because Derek can't say 'no' to his mate, he decided they would go.

The first thing Derek did was buy Stiles the biggest helping of curly fries he could making Stiles squeal. A manly squeal but a squeal none the less.

The night came to a halt when it started down pouring. "Derek! My bear is getting wet come on lets go!" Stiles cried clinging onto the stuffed bear Derek had won him. Stiles started finding his way to the car finally realized his boyfriend wasn't right alongside with him. He turned around and spotted out the other. Derek was just standing in the rain staring up at the sky.

"Derek, what are you doing?" Stiles asked walking over.

"It just had to rain today, didn't it?" He pouted.

"Der, it's not a big deal." Stiles said, trying to get the other to move.

"Yes it is." He said shoving his hand deep into his jacket pocket. "But, I'll work with it anyways." He said, kneeling down.

"Stiles Stilinski," He started. Stiles dropped the bear from his grasp as he stared at Derek. "We have been through so much shit together. Saving Scott together on countless occasions, he's kind of a horrible wolf honestly," Stiles laughed waiting for Derek to continue. "Our stupid fights, that I'll admit were mostly me being fucking stupid, the alpha pack,"

Stiles butted in "and how they wanted to kill me."

Derek laughed, "Yeah, that too."

I woke up to Stiles screaming. I wrapped my arms around him about as fast as the rest of the pack was standing outside the door. "What baby, what's wrong?" I whispered into his ear.

"When the alpha pack finally came and they hurt you,"

Stiles frowned "You killed them." He said. Derek nodded.

"I remember. You're illness that made you want the bite, the puppy piles, watching our pack grow because of you, seeing you overcome some of the worst situations possible and still manage to keep everyone else happy. You're simply amazing. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you, I know that for a fact. I'm so glad I get to wake up every morning to see you're beautiful face and call you mine. So, Stiles, my beautiful beautiful mate, will you marry me?" He finished. Stiles let out a laugh in between his tears and nodded.

"Of course I'll marry you Derek." He cried. Derek smiled placing the gold band around the others finger. Stiles looked at it smiling.

"I love you so much, Der." He said wrapping his arms around the older male's neck.

"I love you too, Stiles." Derek replied kissing his mate. "I'll always love you. Until the very end."

So, that's the end of the story. I know I didn't give any notice and I apologize. I just kind of decided to end it now. I've had writer's block on several occasions trying to write this and I don't know why. I had no idea where to even take this so I ended it.

Sterek is love, Sterek is life.

If you haven't already looked I have other stories out you might like. My one-shot book is still going strong and I'm always happy to write up any requests.

I enjoyed this story. This was my first attempt at Sterek and I'm proud with how it turned out.

I hope you all enjoyed reading as much as I did writing.

xoxo,Gossip Girl.

Just kidding, but really this is the end.