Chapter 22

Derek POV

He gasped, sitting up, "Stiles!" I yelled.

He pushed his hand against his ears and yelled. "Jesus Christ! Derek make it stop!" I sat next to him.

"Hey. Baby. Look at me." He shook his head. A tear rolled down his cheeks through his closed eyes. He was squeezing them shut, he was in pain.

He cried out again, "Derek!!"

"Look at me. Please, Babe. Look at me." His eyes fluttered open and for a split second they were golden orange before going back to his normal chocolate brown.

Glazed over with tears he blinked, "Make it stop." He begged. I pulled his hands away from his ears seeing him squeeze his eyes shut again.

"Hey. Stiles. Focus on my voice. Nothing else, just my voice. Look at me. Just me. Okay. Don't focus on anything else?" he opened his eyes. "Are you okay? Does anything hurt?"

"My head. And my ears." He said rubbing his ears.

I chuckled, "Babe, you're a wolf now." I said.

"So that's why I fucking hear everything." He said covering his ears again.

"You'll learn how to control it. Okay?" He nodded. "That's the worst part of turning, the first initial sense changes are very extreme."

He laid down, "I'm tired."

"You're going to be. You're body is adjusting to the changes." He grabbed my hand.

"When do I get the cool stuff? Like being able to throw people across the room?" He asked, I laughed.

"Within the next few days everything will happen. Your first full moon is going to be horrible though."

"Why?" He groaned.

"Because it's in four days. You won't even be slightly adjusted to the changes yet."

"Great."

--

Stiles fell back asleep shortly after he woke up. I was happy he took to the bite but I'm still unsure how he is going to feel about it when it finally sinks in that's he's not human anymore.

"Hows he doing?" Scott asked, breaking me from my thoughts.

"He's a werewolf now."

"Wait, what? I leave for the night and you bite him?" He snapped.

"Scott, don't..." I pleaded. "Please."

"Is it what he wanted?"

I nodded, "He begged me all night."

He let out a sigh, "Did he get his memory back or..?"

"I don't know. Get Isaac, we'll find out." Scott nodded.

"Stiles, wake up." I shook him.

"No 'm tired." He said, turning onto his side.

"Babe, there's someone here who wants to see you." I said. He sighed but sat up.

"I just want to-Isaac?" He said looking at the doe eyed boy. Isaac burst into tears hugging Stiles.

"You remember me?" He asked into Stiles shoulder. Stiles nodded, hugging the boy tighter.

"So, I think he got his memory back." Scott laughed.

"Looks like it."

--

Melissa was told what happened and came to check on Stiles. She said he could go home but he looked exhausted-because he is-and needs to get some rest. I helped Stiles get out of bed.

"I'm so glad they didn't make me wear that stupid hospital gown. Those suck." Stiles said gripping my arm. I chuckled.

"Ready to go home?" He nodded.

"Did anyone tell my dad?"

"My mom called him." Scott spoke, coming up to his other side.

--

I took Stiles home and helped him to his room. "Der..." his voice soft.

"Yeah?"

"I'm scared." He said, "Like...does it hurt?"

I sighed beginning to fill him in on all the basics of what it's like being a new wolf. I know he was there when Scott went through it so he kind of gets it but I understand how different it is when it's you.

"Derek." he interrupted.

"Yeah?"

"Thank you."

"For what?" I asked, laying next to him. He laid his head in my chest.

"Saving me." He said, "I love you." He kissed my chest before falling asleep.

But did I really save you or just drag you into a new form of hell?