Chapter 10

Derek POV

Stiles walked into the living room to grab his back pack when the door slammed open. I forced my gaze off of him to see the Alpha pack. I howled for the rest of my pack as I felt Stiles cling to my side.

"Aww isn't that cute." One of the alphas said. Isaac walked out from the other end of the house.

"Why are you howling so damn ear-" he started stopping when he saw the alphas. "Shit." he mumbled.

"What do you want?" I snarled.

"Him." he pointed at Stiles.

"Why? He's human." I pointed out.

"Awh, Derek. Surely you know when an Alphas mate is killed, the alpha becomes weak." A girl said her toe nails making small taps as they hit my floor. I growled feeling Stiles grip around me tighten.

Scott ran through the alpha pack. "What's going on?" He asked out of breath. I gave him a look making him turn around. "Ohhh..."

The rest of the pack filed in before any fighting started. I pushed Stiles towards Isaac. I told Isaac that if and when this day comes, he protects Stiles while the rest of us fight. So, you know, if one of them launch themselves at Stiles, he has someone. Isaac nodded pulling Stiles toward the back of the room. I watched my mate cling to the betas side burying his face in Isaac's shoulder.

The fighting began and I was getting my ass handed to me. Scott seemed to be doing pretty good but he was getting weak as was Jackson. I heard a growl behind me making me turn. I saw Isaac standing in front of Stiles about to attack one that slipped through.

I turned back just in time to be hit in the face. I grabbed the others throat ripping it out not caring that Stiles had his gaze locked on me.

I heard Stiles scream, "Derek!" and looked to see him on the floor, Isaac fighting two alphas, and one alpha behind Stiles. I let go of whoever was in my grasp and attacked the one near Stiles.

After the Alpha pack decided to leave I ran over to Stiles. "Did they get you?" I asked. I knew Stiles wouldn't say anything until the fight was done.

"My back.." he whispered letting a tear fall. Scott gasped as he looked at Stiles back. He had four huge gashes across it that looked pretty deep. I just hope they aren't deep enough to turn him. I know he doesn't want that.

"We should take him to Deaton." Scott said. I nodded, grabbing Stiles' hand taking away some of the pain. He smiled as his way of saying 'Thanks'.

I sat in the back of the car with Stiles. He was sitting on my lap with his head on my shoulder. "Babe you gotta stay awake." I told him.

"But I'm tired." He whined with his eyes closed.

"I know. Talk to me about something." I said.

"Like what?" He asked quietly.

"Anything." I said. He was quiet for a moment.

"Am I really your mate?" He asked. I sighed.

"Yes."

"Why didn't you tell me?" He sat up scrunching his face in pain. I grabbed his hand.

"I was waiting for the right time." I said as I took his pain away.

He relaxed slightly. "Thanks, Der." he said.

Stiles didnt say anything else about the whole mate situation. He curled back up against my chest and played with my hand so I knew he wasn't asleep.

"Stiles," I started quietly. He kissed my neck.

"I don't wanna talk about it right now." He said squeezing my hand.

I sighed changing the topic. "Are you okay?" I asked.

"I'm just fantastic, Der." he said sarcastically. I smiled as I pulled out some more of his pain feeling him tense up then relax again.

He better be okay or so help me.

That Alpha pack will NEVER forget what they did.

Killing an Alpha's mate did make them weak, but hurting their mate...that was a whole other story.