Chapter 27

Stiles POV

Derek made it clear that I'm not allowed to go anywhere without someone. And that someone has to be supernatural in some way, shape or form. Apparently I'm not capable of handling myself.

"You don't have control of your wolf yet, Stiles." Derek argued when I protested being babysat.

--

"Stiles, get up." Derek said walking out of his bathroom.

"No." I groaned burying my head further into his pillow.

"Babe, you have school. You're dad is going to kill you if you keep skipping." He said getting dressed, I growled.

"Don't growl at me. Get your ass up." He snapped, although not in the way he would toward any other pack members. It was nicer, if that is even possible.

I groaned getting up, "I hate you and you're getting me McDonalds for breakfast." I stormed into the bathroom.

"You're a pain in the ass."

"But you love me!"

Derek made me stand by his car with him until Scott walked over to get me. "I still don't understand why you're making me wait here. I'm going to be late to class." I told him taking a bite from my breakfast sandwich before offering him a bite.

"You have Economics first. Coach is always late to first period Economics. You'll be fine." He said taking a bite. I smiled.

"How would you know?"

"I had him first period." Derek replied as Scott walked over.

"Wow, didn't get me anything?" Scott joked.

"I actually did jack ass." Derek snapped, kissing me on the cheek. "I'll pick you up. Okay?" I nodded, my mouth full.

"I love you." I said, hearing him make a small noise before repeating the words back.

"Get to class."

"Bye, Der." I handed Scott his food which he took happily.

"Thanks!" Scott yelled as Derek got in the car.

--

Throughout the day Derek was constantly texting me making sure I was still okay. I love him, but he needs to relax. I was standing at my locker waiting for Isaac. His locker is just down the hall from mine and we both have English together. I was slammed into the locker next to mine after the hall emptied out.

"Watch yourself, Stilinski." It was one of the seniors. I didn't actually know him but he flashed his eyes at me showing he is a beta, I'm guessing he is working with Gavin. Isaac growled as soon as he saw what was going on and the other let go of me laughing. "You'll never see it coming." He spat walking away.

I looked at Isaac who was ready to attack. "You okay?" His expression softening.

"I could've taken him." I said, trying to regain my confidence although, Isaac just laughed.

"Yeah, sure you could. Let's get to class."

--

Walking out of school I saw Derek leaned against his car. Sunglasses on, leather jacket present. As soon as he saw me his scowl disappeared and his beautiful smile replaced it.

"Hey, babe." He wrapped me in a hug when I made it to him.

"One of the seniors is a beta." I told him into his chest.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah. Isaac was there. I could've taken him though." Derek chuckled.

"Maybe." I pulled away from him

"Can we go?" I asked.

"Scott wanted to talk to me." He said softly making me groan.

"Scott takes three years to get out of the damn building." I pushed back into Derek's grasp.

"Don't talk shit about me." Scott said walking up to us.

"Or what?" I joked.

"So, whats up?" Derek asked.

"The guy that came up to Stiles today also came up to me." Scott stated. "I don't think this is going to turn out well."

Derek sighed, "Gavin is building his pack. It doesn't make sense why he is getting beta's from out here though. He's just going to push an attack sooner than either of us want." Derek adjusted his grip around me.

"Maybe that's the point." I said moving so I could see both the alpha and other beta. "Maybe he wants beta's out here to throw us off, make you think he's planning an attack to piss you off so you attack him. He can get to me if you're focused on him attacking from elsewhere." I said softly. The other wolves were quiet and the silence was excruciating.

"Fuck. " Derek groaned. I looked up at him. "You're probably right."

"Can we go now?" I whined. I don't want to think about being kidnapped right now. I need a nap and some wolfy cuddles for the next like 3 centuries.