Chapter 9

Derek POV

The pack decided they wanted to stay for the night. It was nice for the most part. We joked, watched movies, same old.

Stiles left the group going upstairs to sleep. He said he wasn't feeling good which made me want to go with him but he told me not to.

I stayed with the pack until the movie was over before going upstairs. Isaac yelled ,"night dad!" making me roll my eyes.

When I got into my room I saw Stiles laying there awake, crying. Immediately I wrapped my arms around him.

"Baby, what's wrong?" I asked.

"I really don't feel good and I miss my mom." he mumbled. I sighed kissing his head.

"I'm sorry, babe." I spoke into his hair.

"My head is pounding Der." He moved to look at me.

"Do you want me to bring you medicine?" I asked. He shook his head.

"Can you just lay with me?" He asked innocently. He is adorable.

"Of coarse, Stiles." I whispered.

--

I woke up to Stiles screaming. I wrapped my arms around him about as fast as the rest of the pack was standing outside of the door.

"What baby? What's wrong? " I whispered into his ear. Stiles shook his head rapidly before I realized he was still asleep. "Stiles." I said, running my hand down his arm trying to wake him up.

When he finally woke up he wrapped his arms around me crying. I looked up at the pack giving them a look of reassurance. "It's okay." I cooed to him over and over rocking him back and forth.

"Don't leave me alone." he muttered. I kissed his cheek tightening my grip around him.

"Okay. " I whispered.

Stiles is terrified. He keeps putting on this face like he's okay but every night he wakes up screaming. On school nights he drags me to his house, I get looks from his father that scare me, and he drags me upstairs. The stupid Alpha Pack. If Scott hadn't said they might go after Stiles, he wouldn't be so scared right now.

I felt Stiles' weight on my chest. I don't know why I was awake right now. It's five in the morning. Stiles has to get up for school in a half hour. Thankfully he hasn't woken up screaming yet.

My alarm went off making Stiles whine. I shut it off. "Babe, get up." I said.

He yawned. "Don't wanna.." he mumbled wrapping his legs around mine.

"I'll make you breakfast." I said.

"French toast?"

"If that's what you want." I said, he nodded and sat up. I watched him walk over to my dresser and pull out some clothes. I remember when he started leaving stuff here. First it was just a shirt. A book or two here and there. Now, he has is own drawer, his own shampoo, toothbrush, half of the books on my bookshelf? His.

I didn't mind. I liked being reminded that Stiles is mine. Which reminds me that I still haven't told him he's my mate. I really should. I got up to make him breakfast as I heard the shower turn on. He got downstairs right as I was finishing and wrapped his arms around me.

"Thanks, Der." he said. I kissed his head in response.

"Eat before you have to leave."

I got dressed while he ate. Coming back downstairs I saw him on the phone with someone.

"Derek's bringing me to school." he said. It's either Scott or his dad. "He's really not as bad as you think..." It's his dad. "Okay. I will. Yeah. Love you too dad. Yesssss okay bye." He hung up.

I smiled at him. It still shocks me that out of everyone, Stiles Stilinski is mine.