Hospital

~This is a few weeks after the bite incident~
Affogato's sat next to Caramel, who laid on the bed in silence. He tapped his foot against the ground anxiously, a bead of sweat trickling down his face. It's been 5 monsters since they started dating. All the memories they made... Celebrating each other's birthdays... Going to watch the cherry blossoms... Going to the library... Meeting one another's friends... Going out shopping sometimes...All these memories were now flickering in Affogato's mind like a fire against the harsh winter wind. His beloved was almost lost. That bite... was toxic. It was strong enough to kill even the strongest of warriors... But Caramel had a chance. She was strong, and the bite was quickly treated. So she had a chance of survival.

That was when Caramel opened her eyes. "W-What... happened?" She asked as she lifted her head a bit. "Cara! Your alright! I'm so glad!" Affogato to started. Caramel turned her head to face her. "Affo... What happened to me?" Caramel asked. "Don't worry! You were bitten by the liquorice sea! The bite was toxic and one of the side effects is in fact a bit of memory lost on the incident! No fear!"Affoagto started as he pat Caramel's back. Caramel nodded as Affoagto passed her a glass of water. She gulped it down hastily.

"How long have I been here?" Caramel asked. "4 weeks," Affoagto replied. "What," Caramel questioned. "4 weeks love, don't worry!" Affogato chirped. "Don't worry? I wasted 4 weeks of my life in a stupid hospital! I didn't even get to spend time with any of my loved ones..." Caramel sobbed, tears welling in her eyes. "Don't blame yourself... You did it to protect us all..." Affogato comforted as he hugged Caramel close to his chest, as she sobbed in silence.

This heart warming moment was broken when the doctor flung open the door. The lovers jumped and glared at the doctor for the scare. "My apologies for interrupting! But Miss Arrow can be released from the hospitals by tonight!" The doctor exclaimed.

Hearing this piece of news, the two screamed in joy.
The doctor then proceeded to ramble on about how she should be careful not to exert herself to much, avoid training, take a break blah blah blah... All that boring stuff.

By afternoon, Caramel could leave the hospital. Her leg was in a cast as Affogato acted as an extra support.

Caramel smiled as she could finally see the other's again.
Affogato bit his lip. The doctor interrupted his perfect moment. Now he would have to find another way... Another time to do this.

He slid his hand into his pocket. The ring was still there...

He wouldn't risk losing her without that ring on his finger and the other ring on Caramel's...