Chapter 6: They Own The Night

Beatrice arrived on the island of Hawaii a few days before her client's wedding as she needs to oversee many things before the wedding takes place. Wendy and her family, as well as the groom and all the guests, would be arriving a couple of days before the ceremony. Throughout her career as a wedding planner, Beatrice felt she already did very well this time since she was able to handle and liaison with many people at once so she could execute the perfect wedding that Wendy and Matteo wanted.

The 28th years old lady quickly referred to her planner, the book that she always brings wherever she goes; and checked all the things from cake to the venue and thank god, everything was under her control. Even though the beach of Hawaii has been calling her several times, she did not have time to take a break like nobody else as she got a lot of tasks that needed to be supervised. 

The venue for the lovebirds' beach wedding would be Royal Lahaina Resort on Maui Island where the ocean becomes the witness of their everlasting love. And gladly, Beatrice was able to find the vacancy of the venue straight away since most of the places would not accept a last-minute reservation but with her connection with many peoples – the wedding planner nailed on her tasks this time.

In the meantime, Bryan and his entire family comprising his sister and their parents were boarding their United Airlines flight to the island of Hawaii from San Francisco International Airport to Kahului Airport – the regional airport located on the island of Maui. Two weeks ago, Mrs Wu made a phone call to her son and ordered him to take a leave from his work for a while so he would not miss the wedding of their cousin. As an obedient son, he did exactly like what his mother had commanded although was reluctant to do so due to his massive yet pending projects in his office. A few days before departing to Hawaii, his family came from Minnesota to San Francisco and had a sleepover at his house as there are no direct flights from that region to the island, hence Bryan without any hesitation invited them to sleep at his house and fly directly together to Hawaii.

The five hours flights seemed boring as he could not get a proper sleep although the people around him were sleeping peacefully in their seats. Talking about an island wedding, he reminisced back the memories of him flying thousands of kilometres away just to crash his sister's ex-boyfriend's wedding. Mad to Martin who did his sister like trash, he planned his schedules properly and got a week off for his trip to Fiji so he can destroy the perfect wedding of the hopeless couple.

"Gosh, I don't understand how they can sleep peacefully on this boring flight." He mumbled, figuring something to do while he remained seated at his seat. All the flight entertainment was uninteresting and the caffeine from the espresso he drank earlier made his eyes wide open although he was trying to shut them down.

They touched down at Kahului Airport around 10.00 P.M of local Hawaiian time and immediately checked in at the hotel where the venue of that wedding would take place for the next two days. Everyone was having their room respectively and now he felt sleepy due to a jet lag and the exhaustion from the flight earlier. Did not sleep throughout the flight has tied him up and the cosy room that belonged to him only made the urban planner shut his eyes for proper sleep.

Maui, the second-largest island of the Hawaiian archipelago became the witness of the union between Wendy Lim and Matteo Gutiérrez where both of them unite their cultures and loves through their marriage. As someone who planned the entire wedding, Beatrice could not hold back her tears of happiness – happy for the couple who had overcome all the odds together and now they were hitched on a beautiful occasion. However, Beatrice has mislooked at the guest's name that came on the reception where she saw someone familiar from afar; yet still in denial that Bryan was also in the same place with her.

"How come the wedding crasher could be here in Hawaii. Goodness, I hope no more drama this time." She whispered then braving herself to greet him when all the guests were mingling together not before the reception where it would be kicking off shortly.