Chapter 17 - Something Different

The weather inside Seattle city seems a little bit cloudy, but it did not stop the two people who just moved there from having their time in one of the busiest restaurants in the town. Two months ago, Bryan and Beatrice officially moved out from their respective towns where the urban planner finally got a new job in the city meanwhile his wife just merely followed him but she still becomes the wedding planner just like what she does before.

Due to his busy life in the office, they barely have time for each other and during these free days hence, he wanted to bring his wife to explore the city for the first time. The fastest major-growing city in the United States, Seattle is known as a seaport city and the largest city in the state of Washington. Illustrated by all the citizens of this metropolitan city, Seattle is a home to a tech industry where Microsoft and Amazon respectively have their headquarters in there. In addition, the city itself is surrounded by the greenery, mountains and water from the Pacific Ocean to the west thus making it one of the most remarkable places to go.

Since the weather was a little bit colder due to the autumn approaching, Beatrice tried to enjoy the one-day trip despite the flu that she got. Her nose was itchy and runny but she wouldn't let the cold bother her precious time with Bryan. And the man always be himself where he became a super workaholic and most of his time was spent inside the office instead of home. To amend everything, Bryan brought his beloved woman into Chihuly Garden and Glass – an exhibit centre that showcased the studio glass of Dale Chihuly. Recently opened in 2012, the place became one of the tourist destinations whenever it comes to Seattle as the glasses were worth seeing.

"Oh my gosh, I am so in love with this place. Wish I could live here, surrounded by these beautiful artworks." Beatrice declared excitedly and was starstruck with the masterpieces that had been made stunningly by Dale Chihuly – a native glass sculptor.

"No wonder so many people keep on coming into this place. His artworks are beyond words and I am literally amazed by them." He stated what he feels was true about the gallery. Compared to other art galleries, this one could be considered a full house with people since the majority of the citizens and tourists appreciate his works.

Then, they moved to another modern place just located nearby the art gallery. The Museum of Pop Culture was opened in 2000 and founded by Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen as the place where contemporary popular culture was dedicated. Bryan held his wife's hand and they were walking side by side inside the museum, experiencing themselves with the mind-blowing exhibitions.

"After this, where do you want to go?" He asked, staring at the displayed artwork with full concentration. They got plenty of time and what he wanted to do with Beatrice is spending some time with her before both of them back into their respective obligations.

"How about we eat something great. My stomach kept on growling and I was starving." She suggested, rubbing her flat belly with a wide grin. Who doesn't get hungry when you just walk non-stop in the morning?

"Yeah, sounds good. Let's go." And the two of them went out of the museum and walked almost five minutes into the 5 Point Café; a 24-hour café that had been open since 1929 and is popular amongst the locals.

The eatery was filled with people but Bryan and Beatrice managed to get a place outside of the building but it doesn't matter as long as they can get a drink and food. Moreover, the café itself serves a large portion of American staple foods at inexpensive prices thus making it one of the best places in Seattle for cheaper foods and drinks. The waiter came and was ready to take their order but Beatrice honestly didn't know what to choose as the hungriness has made her mind blank.

"Please give me Black Bean Burger and Irish coffee." He placed an order to the waiter while staring at her blank wife. "How about you, sweetie? Or you want the same thing as mine?"