Chapter 12: Better Be Safe Than Sorry

When the rainbow of happiness was joyfully lingering Beatrice and Bryan, suddenly came into a storm that was full of jealousy and hatred that wanted to stop the lovebirds to get married since he could not take the fact that his ex-girlfriend would get married to a successful person that was much better than him. William – the struggling actor in Hollywood now needed his ex-girlfriend back as one thing for sure, he demanded someone that can help him out with his unpaid bills. Without any jobs and offers from the producer, William was living in debt to support his extravagant lifestyle that does not have any savings for the future crisis like he faced now.

Soon after their relationship was over, the struggling actor could not land any shows and gigs due to high competition in Hollywood thus making him having deep trouble with his finances. Previously when he was still with Beatrice, the wedding planner always helped him by investing a huge amount of money so he could be a successful artist one day; and he promised to repay all of her kindness but now it just seems like he did not deliver the goods. Even though he knew that his former flame would get married within a year, he without having any guilty feelings had planned on how to get her trust and love back albeit she was not his anymore.

On a beautiful day at the end of January, William without any shame came into Beatrice's office uninvited, this time he wanted to persuade her to come back for him and leave her fiancé instead. With a ring inherited from his deceased mother, William would propose to her despite her status of becoming somebody else's fiancée because he knew there was love in her heart to him. 

As for the actor himself, he was just a boy next door when he came to Los Angeles for an acting audition and did not have much money until he got a job as a part-time model that changed his life instantly. Then he met Beatrice through their social circles and she was hooked with him instead as she was madly in love with him while the actor on the other hand – was feeling otherwise.

The only reason why he is still with Beatrice despite their differences was that she got a career and lots of money that he can dig into. Yes, he was a modern era male gold-digger that lived like a parasite that obtained his benefits by deriving all of her money through his sweet talk and manipulation. Hence, he ditched Beatrice that was loyal to him to pursue someone else who was much more successful than her and had a lot of cash inside her bank account.

Once he entered her office, Beatrice was taken by surprise to see the man that had already broken her heart. Then, she regained her composure as a professional consultant and invited him to take a seat in front of her work desk. His face looked more serious than before but it did not worry Beatrice other than the thought of him asking her to be a planner for his wedding since she did not feel comfortable planning her ex-boyfriend's wedding.

"So, is there a thing that I can help you with?" Beatrice started the conversation politely, demanding an answer why he was here in the bright morning even after their bad break-up where he splashed an americano into her face last year.

"Beatrice, I come here with new hope – to be the one on your life back. I wanted you back, baby. Please, Bea, I cannot move on with you." He begged for her, leaving the wedding planner dumbfounded since she never expected that he would be lowering down his ego and pled to her to be by his side back. Maybe if she did not meet Bryan and fall in love with him, the chances of her taking back William would be higher.

Tired of waiting for her answer, the man drastically pulled out a box from his pocket and knelt on the ground on one knee – ready to propose to her since he wanted Beatrice to be his wife since she was the only woman in Los Angeles who naïve enough to help him with his abundance debts. For a few seconds inside her life, Beatrice was forgetting how to breathe as she was shocked to receive another proposal from her ex-boyfriend when she was already engaged to a guy that she has promised to spend their life together.