Chapter 14: Like Two Peas in The Pod

With William being on trial due to various charges that were put under his name, his life became much more miserable than before; and he started to regret everything that he did in his previous life. In the meantime, Chinese New Year is just around the corner and during this Spring Festival, Bryan brought his fiancée Beatrice back to his home in Minnesota and celebrated the festive season together as part of his family.

As usual, the Chinese man got a week off from his office while Beatrice on the other hand was forced by her partner Amanda to take a day off and spend more time with her future-in-law in Lakeville. Luckily for her that she's working on her own so the time that she has was quite flexible. Before they departed from the west coast of America to the midland of Minnesota, Beatrice stayed two nights in San Francisco where her lover Bryan still needs to settle his tasks as both of them have promised each other to go home to their hometown together. To kill her boredom in the Golden City when Bryan was busying himself in the office while she was stranded in his house alone – Beatrice went to the Chinatown to find a great souvenir for her in-law during her visit.

Chinatown has become one of the prominent landmarks in San Francisco where the customs, languages and identity is preserved through the enclaved territory. Beatrice started her journey in Dragon Gate before she dropped by Golden Gate Fortune Cookie Company and bought a lot of those crisps for his family in Minnesota. 

Although fortune cookies are prominent amongst Chinese in America, it actually was not a traditional cuisine back then in mainland China, instead, the delicacy was invented in the United States during the late 19th century or early 20th century. After done with the fortune cookie shopping, she went to the same restaurant where Bryan brought her when both of them had a great time sightseeing the city of San Francisco an age ago. Even though she is still a virgin in the Chinese culture, Bryan has taught her a lot; from holding the chopstick properly to learning the simple Mandarin language so she can interact with his other extended family that doesn't speak English.

On her last night in San Francisco, both Bryan and Beatrice were busy packaging the things that they wanted to bring into Lakeville. Soon after that, both of them had fallen asleep in a different room as Bryan still held to his principle that he didn't want to touch her until both of them were legally married. At first, Beatrice thought he was so backward and old-fashioned with his belief but she started to understand it later when Bryan told her the reason why he doesn't want to have an intimate relationship with her as he wanted her to be pure for their wedding night.

San Francisco International Airport was crowded with people like usual and the couple boarded their Delta Airlines to the Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport where they spent the three hours flight discussing their own lives and most importantly, the wedding that might take place in the summer!

"Gosh, I couldn't believe how time flies. Just want to say how grateful I am to have you as my partner and lover. I am madly in love with you, Bea." Bryan remarked, thankful for the life that he got now with Beatrice by her side. Then, he kissed her knuckle tenderly, showing the everlasting affection he has towards her.

"Likewise, my dearest Bryan. Don't know how we can end up together. It's too funny when I think back to the moment when we first met in Fiji." Beatrice chuckled lightly before her man joined herself with the laugh.

 Bryan then tells her the stories of Martin – the former boyfriend of Reanna that has dumped his sister just because he wanted to get married to Barbara, the best friend turns backstabber of Reanna. Illustrated by Bryan, the darkest truth of her former client made her disgusted with herself for helping them with the wedding and with them, for standing so low especially on Barbara as she stepped on her friend just because she desired to get married to that new-money guy.