𝗙𝗔𝗠𝗜𝗟𝗬

❞ I'll get it

I'll get it.

Ran muttered, sighing as he opened the door, a man possibly in his 50s standing in the doorway. He had black hair, though in some spots it was gray, either way, it was still healthy.

He was of medium size, maybe a few meals away from obese. He stood at approximately 5'11, which was still significantly shorter than ran. He had the eyes Rindo had, though it seems he had the horrid mouth as him as well.

"Nice to see you Ran! Still as lanky and badly dressed as always." He laughed, ran laughing as well, though he obviously didn't find it funny. All ran wore was black basketball shorts and a white shirt, simple. His hair was in a bun, though two strands were left in the front.

"What's up with the earrings? You like men? I always knew something was odd about you." His dad criticized while walking into the house."I have a girlfriend..." Ran muttered, His dad quirking an eyebrow."You do? I find that very hard to believe. I'll believe it when I see it-"

"Hi, Mr. Haitani." Y/N greeted softly, giving him a small wave as he stood there."Well, I'll be damned. Does she have a name?" He asked, Ran closing the door."Why wouldn't she?" Ran mumbled."My name is Y/N L/N, I'm a med student at the college a few blocks away. I'm very pleased to meet you, sir." Y/N said, holding her hand out to him after bowing considering that was Japanese custom.

"I like her, she has manners unlike you. Med student you say? How many more years do you have until you're certified?" He asked, Y/N responding accordingly."I only have 3 months actually sir. Can I get you anything to drink?" Y/N asked, the man smiling."Water would be fine. Kenji Haitani, feel free to call me either." He assured, Y/N nodding as she went to the kitchen.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Your fashion taste needs work, what kind of top is that? So cliche." He said to the woman, Y/N responding."Good thing I didn't wear it for 'fashion', I wore it because it belongs to my boyfriend." Y/N retorted.

"Well that means his bad style rubbed off on you-" "He has a rather interesting style I appreciate, I wouldn't call it bad. Just different-" "Yeah? Well better keep an eye on him. He's wearing his hair in a bun like a sissy, not to mention the earrings. Wouldn't be surprised if he left for a man-" Ran cut in,

"As sexually active as Y/N & I are, I doubt I could be that way with the same gender. Perhaps you like men though? Considering how much you're bringing it up." He gestured boldly, shutting down the older man's insults.

"Back talking me like you always do, don't understand how your mother put up with you so long-" "Maybe it's because she wasn't an ass-" "Hey is anyone hungry?" Rindo asked, Y/N nodding."Yeah, I actually am! Me and Ran will go get pizza. Stay put." Y/N said, taking his hand as the two left the house.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Ran seethed, the two walking down the road as Y/N gave him his space."You okay?" Y/N asked, tugging on his hand as he looked down, his angered face relaxing as he sighed."He pisses me off. Can't fucking breathe without him on my ass." Ran muttered.

"Just say yes sir and no sir-" "No, because I'm tired of his blatant harassment." Ran spat."You know who you are and what you like to wear, that's all that matters." Y/N spoke, the man starting to calm down a little more.

"I guess you're right." He muttered, Y/N laughing."I'm always right. Now let's get this pizza and head back. If your dad is bugging you that much still, I'll do something special for you tonight." Y/N promised, Ran's mind not even able to fathom what she could do.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Pizza's here!" Y/N called out, placing the pizza on the counter."Is it gluten-free?" The father asked, Ran rolling his eyes."Uhh no, it's normal pizza, old man." Rindo explained."Then I can't have it-" "Okay don't eat." Ran hummed, taking a piece of the pizza as he kissed Y/N's forehead.

"I'm going to bed, inconsiderate children. Rindo, invest in more appropriate glasses. And Y/N, change your hairstyle. It's discomforting." His dad spat, heading to his room as Ran's eye twitched. Y/N crossed her arm in annoyance as she had just installed faux locs that day.

The three of them looked at each other all thinking the same thing.

'We gotta get this old bastard out of here.'