Part-8

Disclaimer : All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as work of fiction.

Teja stood under the shower with Karan behind her. They were shooting a shower sequence. Not a romantic one but a funny one where their characters are fighting under the shower in their office due to certain circumstances. They had laughed innumerable times in the middle of the take and the director wanted to bang his head on the wall with the two kids who got crazy under water. Karan had a hard time controlling his laughter seeing Teja laugh and make crazy expressions.

Teja was finally controlling her laughter and was giving the shot when the buttons at the back of her dress broke. Teja flinched immediately but didn't change her expressions because it was after a lot of takes she had finally given the entire dialogue. And it was a long dialogue. If it would not have been okay then she would have to do it again.

Teja gulped feeling the dress at the back getting loose. As soon as the scene was cut she looked around for her make up didi or her manager. None of the girls were near. Not even Vidhi. She didn't want someone to come with the towel and see her like that.

"Don't worry keep walking...." Karan whispered from behind her. "I am guarding you....nobody will see...."

She turned her head to look at him and saw that he was not looking at her back. He had his face turned to another side. Such a gentleman he was. He had noticed the button break in the middle of the scene and had kept looking away and also made sure he guarded the view by standing behind her.

Teja relaxed a bit and walked ahead when a spot boy came with a towel. Karan quickly took it and wrapped it around her.

"Thank you so much...." She said softly and he smiled.

"Mention not...."

The spot boy gave him a towel and he quickly wiped his head and kept it across his shoulder. The wet messy hair falling on his forehead. Teja looked at him and saw his neck , throat and jawline. It was still wet. She quickly looked away and wiped her hair with another towel.

Karan saw her through the corner of his eyes. Only he knew how he had controlled himself from the urge of touching her hair and putting it behind her ear. The moment he had seen the button snap , he knew he had to protect her. She would be shy and embarassed and he had to do everything so that she would be comfortable and doesn't feel even a bit of embarassment. She had bare minimum makeup and her wet skin made her look like a fairy. She was so freaking beautiful. Her beauty had a peace , it calmed him down. She was like a breeze in a summer afternoon.

He looked at her and that very moment she also looked at him. She gave a small smile thanking him through her eyes again. He smiled softly and blinked his eyes gesturing it was all good.

Teja changed and came out of her vanity. She looked around and saw him standing at the door of his vanity alone. Without thinking twice she walked towards him.

She wanted to thank him again. She didn't know why but she wanted to talk to him. He was a rare human and she wanted to talk to him for sometime. Saying thank you would be a nice start to a conversation. Teja chuckled at her thought. When they were around people they would chat and laugh and behave like they knew each other so well but when they were alone , they would hardly interract.

"Hey...." She said in her chirpy voice as she reached him.

"Hi...." He said softly. "Leaving?"

"Yup....packed up....i wanted to say thanks...." She said sweetly.

"Oh come on Teja...." He said genuinely. "You need not thank me....that is the least any guy could do...."

But you made it so comfortable for me. She would have said that aloud but a voice interrupted them.

"Karan...." They both looked at the direction of the voice to find Vidhi calling him.

Teja smiled.

"You carry on...." She said politely.

"You were about to say something right?" He frowned.

She shook her head.

"Nothing important...." She smiled. "Bye...." She waved at him and them waved at Vidhi at a distance. "Have a good time...." She chuckled teasingly and walked away.

Karan shook his head with a chuckled seeing her retreating figure. This girl still thought that he was into Vidhi. Only if she knew. With that he turned and walked towards Vidhi. Both going in opposite direction.

*****

Teja was about to get her makeup done when she heard a knock in her vanity.

"Who is it?" She asked loudly.

"Karan...." She heard his voice. She gestured her makeup didi to open the door.

As soon as she opened the door Karan came inside.

"I wanted to rehearse the scene a bit....i am finding the lines difficult to memorise....do you mind?" He asked in a little bit unsure voice.

"Not at all....didi....i will call you after rehearsal....there is time for the shot....we can do the makeup later...." Teja told her makeup didi who nodded and left them alone.

Teja closed the door from inside and sat in front of him as they started to rehearse.

"After this line I'll twist my ankle and end up on your lap...." She said reading the scene form the script.

"Yes....be careful with the ankle thing...." He said looking at the script.

"Let's do it?" She asked looking at him.

"Yeah sure...." He said and took his position.

Teja did the scene and fell on his lap.

"Shit...." Teja muttered as her dress got entangled in the process and got stuck between her thighs.

"Take care of the dress as well...." He chuckled and bended back giving her the space to fix everything.

"Uff....such a task to do this with this dress...." She muttered in irritation and then looked at him holding his shoulder taking her position.

He was staring at her.

"What?" She asked frowning.

He shook his head but didn't look away. His eyes had turned dark.

"Kundri?what happened?" She gave him a little shake.

"Karan...." He said softly and put her hair behind her ear. She closed her eyes feeling his touch.

"Sorry...." He muttered and moved a bit back.

"Why sorry?" She said in a trance.

He shook his head and didn't meet her eyes. Was he waiting for her to get off his lap?

"Why Kundri?sorry...." She paused. "Karan...."

"Teja...." He gulped and stared at her lips.

"I am listening...." She whispered.

He cupped her face slowly and kissed her softly. She immediately fisted his hair and pulled it ever so gently and kissed him back with equal passion.

He broke the kiss and without waiting for a second buried his face into her neck and kissed her neck. She arched her neck to give him more access and he pulled the sleeves of her dress down and kissed her shoulder.

"Karan...." She moaned huskily and threw her head back and he took the chance to kiss her throat and moved to her collarbone.

Teja jolted up on her bed. It was a dream. She was sweating in the full blast AC and her heart was thudding in her chest. She covered her face with her palm and gulped her saliva. She clumsily took the bottle of water from her side table and finished half of it in one go.

"How can you even dream this....how can you Teja...." She pulled her hair in frustration. "Vidhi is a friend....how can you do this to her....shit man....shit...." She could feel her eyes tear up in guilt.

She got up and stood near her window and looked at the night sky.

She would never do this to Vidhi. She had to stop this feeling. She had no other option. Some wishes are too good to be true. Some wishes are better kept hidden in the darkest corner of the heart.