Part-19

Disclaimer : All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as work of fiction.

Karan woke up late since the next day was a holiday and he had come home almost at 5:30 in the morning after dropping Teja. He was having his tea when the bell rang. He went and opened the door. Omi was standing there.

"Hockey stick kaha hai?" Karan asked him casually and went inside. Omi went behind him after closing the door.

"Why do you need a hockey stick?" He asked raising his brows.

"To beat the shit out of you...." Karan looked at and rolled his eyes.

"Why?what have i done?" He asked Karan shocked.

"Why have you told Teja that I don't eat donut that much and never went to that shop?"

"Arrey but that is true right?" He said in confusion.

"I had told her i go there and those are my favorites....i had got donuts for her cause i got to know she likes those from her vlogs....so i had made up a story now she knows it credit goes to you...." He threw daggers at Omi.

"Toh mujhe kya malum aapne kya kya pede beche hai?" Omi said with his mouth hung open. What was his fault in this?

"Oye maine koi pede nahi beche....i just covered up...." He said casually.

"Haan toh wohi....how will i know that....kuch bhi matlab...." He rolled his eyes. "So bhabi knows that you like her?" He asked with a teasing smile.

"I think she knows....after last night's dinner...." He said frowning.

"Good....and she?she likes you?" He asked him.

"I hope so...." He said nervously.

"Obviously she does...." Omi said confidently and went to the kitchen and he went to balcony to think over last night.

The day refused to pass for Karan. He spent the day lazily on his couch watching TV and his team came in the evening for a meeting and they ended up having a few pints of beer.

He didn't feel like having dinner after his team left. He went to his room and decided to message Teja when his phone started to ring. It was her.

"Hmm?how was your day?" He asked her as soon as he picked up the call.

"Slow one....woke up late....stayed on bed and then did a brand shoot for my youtube channel...." She said and sighed. "What about you?"

"Pretty much the same...." He chuckled.

"Are you drunk?" She frowned hearing his tipsy voice.

"Not really....just had beer....had a meeting with my team and they got it...."  He chuckled.

"At home?" She asked softly.

"Yeah why?" He frowned. She just wanted to know if he had gone out or not.

"Nothing....so dinner done right?"

"Nope not hungry....you?you shouldn't skip your meals remember?" He said with concern making Teja smile.

"I had dinner sir....and you should have it too....come on....are you on bed?"

"Yeah....too lazy yaar Teja...." He whined like a kid.

"Alone?" She asked teasing.

He rolled his eyes. She just had to tease him.

"No....with my blanket and pillows....non living things you see...."

"Sunny don't be lazy....come on you get up now...."

"What did you say?" He asked sitting up with a jolt.

"What?Sunny....sorry I won't say if you don't want me to....i just thought it is your nickname and since you told me he other day so i thought...." Before she could complete she was cut off.

"Please call me Sunny....i would love that...." He said softly and got down.

"Okay...." She chuckled. "Did you get off your bed?"

"Yes laddoo....wait i will heat the food...." He put the dinner into the microwave and then sat on the couch to eat still on call with her.

He had his dinner and then sat in the balcony and she sat by the window and they spoke to each other about movies they had watched and lost track of time.

*****

Teja came inside her vanity and closed the door behind her. Thankfully she was inside there alone. Her chest was thudding in her chest and she felt her eyes were brimming with tears. She slid down on the floor and leaned on the door and let her tears fall finally. She hated herself for crying. She hated herself for giving away so much of her to him that he could make her cry.

Teja and Karan were sitting on floor when Sanjana had come upto them. She had sarcastically asked Teja to give her and Karan sometime alone because she had something important to discuss with him. Teja had felt insulted with her tone and left immediately sitting away from them. She had still not minded. She had seen Karan look at Teja with urgency in his eyes and Teja thought that he probably didn't want to create a scene on set. He was like that. Someone who didn't want any fuss. Although a tiny part of her had hoped that he would stop her but she had still understood.

But she snapped later.

When after talking to Karan , Sanjana had come upto her and sat beside her. Karan was giving a shot with Simba and Vidhi.

"Are you upset that I asked you to leave?awee....Karan was right last evening....you are a kid...." She had said.

She later was talking about something else but Teja didn't listen. Her mind had blocked.

She excused herself from her and came back to the vanity.

Her words kept ringing in her ears. By now she was sobbing with her face into her knees. She knew her makeup and hair and costume would be a mess but she didn't care.

She was a kid for him?and he was going around saying this to others?To top it all he was with her last evening?he had gone drinking with her?and he lied?so he lied the first time?

Enough of his bullshit. Just enough. She wiped her tears and looked at herself in the mirror.

A broken girl with smudged kajal. That was her. That was what he had made her. And she had allowed him to do that. It was all her fault and she hated herself for that. But not anymore.