Episode 7: Battle of the Bunnies

"We've got green, and we've got red. Now, I've been having a bit of a spicy aftertaste, and I'm guessing it has to do with one of these dots. Green peppers, maybe? Ah, but those punches aren't really that mean. Ooh, but jalapeños on the other hand." The pondering pig turned his head. "Thoughts, my compadre?"

From his red solo cup, the bunny took a sip.

"I'm still trying to figure out how you've been staring at that potato chip for half an hour straight."

The duo idled in the ample office space, chatter burrowing into their eardrums as all around, their peers of the security department mingled. Most, if not all, had their hands filled with snacks such as cupcakes and cheese sticks, courtesy of the food tables arranged accordingly.

Hangry gestured to the sole bag of Doritos in his grasp.

"Can you blame me?" he asked. "With a flavor like this, you can't help but think about the recipe. I need answers!"

Another sip.

"I think you just need to eat the damn chip."

The two had placed themselves towards the back wall, away from the crowds.

"Well, what choice do I have?" Hangry asked. "It's not like I can just go kahoot with the others. Don't wanna leave you behind."

"And I keep telling you it's fine," Lucky assured. "Go have your fun, good sir."

"What? And have you stand around like a loner? Wouldn't be a good look for the chief of the department now, would it?"

The rabbit sighed. "I knew I should've volunteered to take rounds around the Division."

Hangry poked his friend's arm.

"C'mon," he said. "Quit being so stiff. Loosen up! This is a party, after all."

There's only one place I'd like to be right now.

Her image flowed into Lucky's mind—that precious mortal who always knew just how to make his smile bloom.

"You'll see her," Hangry said, seemingly reading the bunny's thoughts. "And when you do, you'll get to tell her all about what kind of big shot you are now."

Lucky chuckled. "Wouldn't, exactly, call myself a big shot."

"More of a big shot than her."

The pig pointed towards the other end of the room, where the third of their trio shook her body all about beside two other animatronics—another chicken and a blue bunny.

"What in the world is she doing?"

"I don't even hear any music," Lucky pointed out.

Before the pair's circuits could fry from the confusion, a new person took center stage: the head of the West herself, Miss Lamella.

"Attention," she said from the front of the room.

An instant hush as the respect owed was given.

The alpha demon smiled. "I would just like to give my thanks to all of you for your hard work. Because of your efforts, this quarter can now be deemed a successful one, with our casualties across the Division kept to a pleasing minimum. Great jobs all around."

The crowd offered their round of applause.

"I know it may not look like it," Miss Lamella continued, "but all that you do is helping to make a difference. Happiness is coming together more frequently, and families are able to live their lives without fear of needless violence. Make no mistake: the West will become the Division where peace is the standard, not an anomaly, where our savage instincts will melt away in favor of solid civility. We will break the mold of a senseless demon, and with that victory, we will help change the world, one monster at a time."