Episode 10: His Truth

Note: This episode takes place during the events of The Mortal Babysitter. Please read at your own discretion.

Within a frame of time's paradigm, he occupied the scientist's lab, resolute in his corruption as he wondered who his first victim would be. Then arrived the next moment, where everything turned blank, where his existence slid from old space to new. Last but not least, the most recent second, where the villain found himself in a divergent reality—a world drowning in eeriness as joy became nothing more than a forgotten dream.

An amusement park, the place appeared as, abandoned and decrepit as a barren gray sky stretched overhead. Dust spread across the benches, flickers popping in the rusted light posts. Across every structure—every fractured brick—a ghostly breeze swept past.

"A globe of actuality," Nosferatu said, glancing around. "Must be the work of that bear. A way to split us up, I suppose. Futile, but commendable nonetheless."

He sauntered upon the cobblestone pathways.

"Now then, who has the honor of attempting to take my neck?"

His question found its solution in the form of a trio of animatronics stationed atop a modest-sized castle still under construction.

The vampire smirked. "But of course. From the very beginning, the privilege was yours."

The rabbit dug into his foe a murderous stare, his grip firm around his axe. 

"It's about to go down," Hangry said, stretching. "Monukuma gave us a lot of room, so we'll have a bunch of plans to work with."

"How do you wanna go about this, Lucky?" Penny asked.

"We're not gonna do anything," the bunny told them. "You two are gonna just sit tight and stay out of my way."

Hangry countered, "What are you talking about? We're a team, man."

"Not this time."

At once, Lucky's eyes glimmered with scarlet, and with monstrous speed, he kicked himself off the fortress to thrust towards his foe.

No hesitation as he swung down his blade—an attack the vampire dodged with ease.

"No greetings, eh?" Nosferatu noted, grinning. "I assumed you'd have a lot to say to me."

The rabbit ignored him, using every ounce of his strength to deliver a vigorous string of combos.

The zombie girl kept her gaze glued to the floor, her arms folded as she bit against her unease.

"What's up, Ollie?" Monokuma asked. "You look more stressed than the people actually fighting."

"Just thinking about Lucky," she admitted. "He has me worried."

Monika chimed in. "How come? You said it yourself, didn't you? The Joy Joy Gang is part of the Security Department, which means they should be used to stuff like this."

"I know, but Lucky's in a really vulnerable state right now. When I was repairing him, he didn't say a single word. He just . . .  He had this look I'd never quite seen before. With Jenna, he was broken, but he still pushed on, if only by a little at a time. When B died, though, he lost himself completely.

"Lucky is strong—that much is certain. But he has feelings, even if he is just a machine."

Ollie tensed up.

"I just hope those emotions don't get the better of him."

The remaining animatronics could only watch with worry as their comrade swiped wildly with his weapon, the savagery of his demeanor bleeding clean through.