Chapter 1

I was born as a male shiba inu at an adoption center in San Fransokyo. I have spent a few months of my life at that adoption center.

When I was about 15 months old, I was moved to a different building. For a few days the humans have trained me to where a padded blankets on my back, which I found out that it's called a 'vest'.

Once I have gotten used to wearing the vest, the other trainers have introduced me to my new trainer, to learn more on what I'm supposed to do.

"You're gonna help so many people, buddy." My trainer says as he gives me a scratch behind my left ear. I learned that his name was Tadashi.

One day, I heard that the place I am currently living in and training in, is going to be 'shutdown'. A lot of the other dogs were moved to different foster homes. Tadashi offered to foster me, until I can find a forever home.

——

Tadashi takes me to his home called, 'Lucky Cat Café'. First of all, I don't really mind cats, but how can a cat be 'lucky'? Tadashi introduced me to his Aunt.

"So this is the sweet boy you've been telling me about!" She says as she pets my head.

——

I follow Tadashi up the stairs. He introduced me to his younger brother, Hiro.

——

Tadashi had put my bed on the ground next his bed, near the wall.

I started to like it here. The cat that lived here also stayed very distant from me, which is fine, I don't mind.

——

Night came, and Tadashi had removed my vest and put a collar on me with my name on the tag.

Tadashi sat on his bed, holding a notebook in his hands.

I climb onto the bed and walk over to look at the notebook. He was sketching round shapes put together to make a marshmallow looking man.

"What do you think?" Tadashi asked me.

I sniff the drawing curiously, then his hat on his head. I grab the hat from his head.

"Hey!" He chuckled.

My tail wags as I spin in a circle.

"Get back here, bud!" He said playfully.

Tadashi playfully tackles me and I fall over on my back. He takes the hat from my mouth.

"I win!" He smiles.

I lick his face and he laughs.

"Alright, it's getting pretty late, Riku. Time for bed." Tadashi said as he ruffled my hair tuft on my head. "Get down there."

I jump down from his bed and walked over to mine. I spin slowly in a circle and lay down, closing my eyes.

"Goodnight, bud." He said and turned off the light.

Next Morning (few months later)

I suddenly feel something sitting on me and it wakes me up. I open my eyes and lifted my head up. Turns out it was just Mochi sitting on me. I think I scared them because they shrieked and ran away.

I stand up and stretch. I walked around the room and didn't see Tadashi or Hiro there. I walked downstairs to their dining room. They were in there sitting at the table with Aunt Cass.

I stand on the steps and watch them through the gaps of the staircase railing.

Tadashi notices me and smiles at me, "Good morning, Riku."