Chapter 7

"Freddie..." Honeylemon says, "This is your house?"

We all looked around as we walked through the huge mansion.

"I thought you lived under a bridge." GoGo said.

"Well, technically, it belongs to my parents. They're on a vacay on the family island." Fred explains, "You know, we should totally go some time. Frolic!"

Fred claps his hands and a door slides open on its own, revealing a room with creature statues, like dragons, and superhero stuff.

"You've gotta be kidding me." GoGo says.

One of the reptile statues had a note to himself on it that said, 'Fred, Do Not Touch! - Fred.'

"If I wasn't just attacked by a guy in a kabuki mask, I think this would be the weirdest thing I've seen today." Wasabi said as he views a painting of a very muscular man that had Fred's face, riding a white tiger with wings.

Hiro sits at a short table, grabbing a pen and paper. Baymax and I follow behind him. I put my front paws on the table. Hiro started to sketch something on the paper.

"My brain hates my eyes for seeing this." Wasabi comments.

"You're body temperature is still low." Baymax tells Hiro.

"Yeah, Uh-Huh." Hiro replies, still focused on sketching.

Baymax covers both of us with his body and starts to have an orange glow on his torso, producing heat to warm us up.

Fred runs up and flops his body on Baymax's back, "Ahh! It's like spooning a warm marshmallow." He says in a relaxed tone.

Honeylemon joins in, laying on Baymax, "Hmm, it's so nice."

Then Wasabi, "Oh, yeah, ah, that's toasty."

And last GoGo leans on her back against Baymax and yawns, "Good robot."

Hiro finished the sketch, revealing a symbol with a bird with a circle around it.

"Does this symbol mean anything to you guys?" Hiro asked.

"Yes!" Fred answers, "It's a bird!"

"No, the guy in the mask was carrying something with this symbol on it."

"Apprehending the man in the mask will improve Hiro's emotional state." Baymax replied.

"Apprehend him? We don't even know who he is." GoGo adds.

"I have a theory." Fred replies with confidence.

I suddenly get the feeling that Tadashi somehow needed me, even though he was asleep. I had to tell someone, but it didn't feel like the right time.

Everyone sat on the couch and Fred passed out some of his comic books to them.

"Dr, Slaughter, MD?" Wasabi read.

"Actually, millionaire weapons designer, Malcolm Chazzletick." Fred elaborated.

"The Annihilator?" Hiro read.

"Behind the mask, industrialist Reid Axworthy." He tells Hiro.

"Baron von Destruct? Oh, just get to the point!" GoGo says.

"Don't you guys get it? The man in the mask who attacked us is none other than.... Voila!"  Fred turns on his TV that showed Krei, "Alistair Krei."

"What?" Hiro replies.

"Think about it, Krei wanted your microbots, and you said no. But rules don't apply to a man like Krei."

"There's no way. The guy is too high profile."

"Then who was that guy in the mask?" Honeylemon asked.

"I don't know." Hiro replied, "We don't know anything about him."

"His blood type is AB-negative. Cholesterol levels are..." Baymax stated.

"Baymax, you scanned him?" Hiro went up to Baymax.

"I am programmed to assess everyone's healthcare needs."

"Yes!" Hiro laughs, "I can use the data from your scan to find him."

My tail starts to wag, happily.

"Uh, you'd have to scan everyone in San Fransokyo, That might take, I don't know, forever." GoGo said.

"No, No, No, No. I..." Hiro turns and walks near the mini superhero figurines, "I just have to find another angle." He picks up one of the action figures, "Got it! I'll scan the whole city at the same time. I just have to upgrade Baymax's sensor."

Hiro then glances up at the superhero figures in the glass case, reflecting showing his friends.

"Actually, if we're gonna catch this guy, I need to upgrade all of you."

"Upgrade who now?" Wasabi asks.

"Those who suffer sadness require support from friends and loved ones." Baymax says.

Fred laughs, "Oh, okay, I like where this is heading!"

"We can't go against that guy! We're nerds!" Wasabi adds.

"Hiro, we want to help. But we're just us." Honeylemon replies.

"No. You can be way more." Hiro replied.

"Tadashi Hamada is our best friend. We're in." GoGo says.

Fred laughs, "Can you feel it? You guys, do you feel this? Our origin story begins. We're gonna be super heroes!"

Suddenly there was a knock on the door of the room. Headcliff walked holding a home telephone, "Master Frederick, you have a call."

Fred went over to him and put the phone up to his ear, "Hello?"

Then he handed the phone to Hiro, "It's your Aunt Cass." He said.

Hiro took the phone and put it up to his ear, "Hey, Aunt Cass! How's it going?"

After the call, Hiro hung the phone up, looking a little shocked.

"Hiro? Is something wrong?" Honeylemon asked.

I look up at Hiro, sitting down.

"Tadashi..." Hiro said, "Tadashi's awake!"

Everyone made shocked and excited gasps.

"We have to go to the hospital right now!" Hiro said.

I whimper excitedly, hearing Tadashi's name made my tail wag.

"Wait.. What about Riku? He doesn't have his vest anymore." Wasabi said.

"Oh.." Hiro pets my head, "I'm sorry, Riku. I'm going to have to leave him at home."

"Alright, how are we gonna get there?" GoGo asked.

"Let's see if Headcliff can drive us there." Fred says.

——

We all got in Headcliff's car and he drove us to the Lucky Cat Café First.

"Thanks, Headcliff." Hiro says and exits, "Riku, come on, buddy."

I jump out of the car and follow Hiro. Aunt Cass let's us in.

"Hiro! He's awake!" Aunt Cass says with a smile.

"Yes, Aunt Cass, I know!" Hiro laughs.

"We gotta go to the hospital now!" She smiles even more.

I walk up the stairs and walks over to Tadashi's bed. His hat was still there, waiting. I climb up onto the bed and laid down relaxing, but it was difficult, knowing that Tadashi was awake and yet I couldn't go see him.

Hiro came up the stairs and walked over to Tadashi's bed, "Hey, Riku, you mind if I take this?" He says as he scratched behind my ear, and taking Tadashi's hat that was next to me.

I yawn and lay my head back down.

"Thanks, Riku. I'll see you later." Hiro goes back downstairs, hat in hand.

I close my eyes and started to drift off.