Chapter 3

I woke up again to some lightly scratching my head. I lifted my head and looked behind me where Tadashi's pillow was and saw Tadashi sitting there with his sleepwear on. I was excited to see him again and started wagging my tail and laid close to him and snuggled.

"Hey, Riku." Tadashi whispered, "Aaaw... you want cuddles?"

My tail wags faster.

"Okay, bud. Cuddles it is." He whispered replying as he wrapped his arms around me. He starts to pet head also.

I let out a small bark of happiness. And Tadashi quickly acted, "Ssshh, sssh!" He shushes and giggles quietly.

We heard Hiro groan a little in his sleep and turn over.

"Alright, it's time to go to bed, buddy." Tadashi gestures to my bed.

I grab his hat in my mouth and take it from his nightstand.

"Hey.. what are you doing with my hat?" He asked, whispering.

I sun in a circle and wag my tail.

He chuckled quietly, "No, Riku... we have to go to sleep." He tries to reach for the hat.

I dodge his grasp and spun around wagging my tail.

"Hey!" He whispers, smiling and grabs me in his arms. "You are trapped now."

I squirm and let go of his hat as he grabbed it. He placed his hat on his bedside table. My tail wags and he closes his eyes and wraps his arms around me and gives me a little kiss on my forehead. I start to yawn and fall asleep and Tadashi fell asleep as well.

——
Next Day

Tadashi staples a poster that says 'SFTT SHOWCASE'.

"Every year, the school has a student showcase. You come up with something that blows Callaghan away, you're in." Tadashi tells Hiro, "But, it's gotta be great."

"Trust me. It will be." Hiro replies.

Hiro gets straight to work on sketches.

——

A few hours go by and it is now night again. Hiro now had a bunch of crumbled up paper scattered over his desk.

"Nothing! No ideas! Useless empty brain!" Hiro says as he hits his head on his desk.

Tadashi was laying in his bed looking at a book and petting me with his other hand while i was laying down next him. "Wow. Washed up at 14. So sad." He says.

Hiro sulks back in his chair, "I got nothing! I'm done! I'm never getting in!"

Tadashi got up and spins Hiro's chair around to face him, "Hey, I'm not giving up on you." He says before grabbing his legs and pulls him out of the chair, holds him upside down behind his back holding his legs, shaking him. Hiro screams and grunts.

"What are you doing?" Hiro asked fearfully.

I stand up and walk over to them and watch them curiously.

"Shake things up! Use that big brain of yours to think your way out!" Tadashi replied with encouragement.

"What?" Hiro replied confused.

"Look for a new angle." Tadashi said and stopped shaking him but was still holding him upside down.

Hiro looks at his little fighter bot that was sitting on his desk and turns his head. Hiro got an idea and Tadashi put him down and Hiro went to sketch it out in his notebook.

——
The next morning, Hiro got to work on his project in the garage with his bot as a reference. Tadashi helped him by giving him some tips and helped Hiro build. I helped Hiro also by bringing what tools they needed to use.

Sometimes Hiro would fall asleep on the couch or the computer chair from being exhausted from working on it. Aunt Cass was nice to to bring meals to him while he was working hard.

Week by week, blue bins started to appear in the middle of the garage. Hiro filled those bins with tiny metal things, that were robots but they looked a little like ants.

Blue bins filled with the tiny bots started to appear until there were 12 blue bins in total in the garage. He was all finished.

——

Hiro and Tadashi went up to the front middle bin and opened the lid to look at it. They both did a fist bump, imitating an explosion showing that it was successful or for good luck.