Chapter 4

Tonight was the night of the showcase. My vest was put on so I could be there and practice working more. They needed help bringing the blue bins to the truck so Tadashi's friends came over to help us.

Hiro, Tadashi and his friends fit all the bins in the back of the truck. When it was about time to go, Tadashi's friends went in Wasabi's car and told us that they will meet us there. Aunt Cass and Hiro went in the truck. Tadashi opens the door to go in the other side and then looked at me.

"Come on, Riku." His voice was sweet as he gestured for me to get in the truck.

I jump in through the door of the truck and Tadashi comes in after me. I sit on the seat between Tadashi and Hiro. I moved and sat on Tadashi's lap and the window went down so I can look out the window. Tadashi held me as I put my front paws up on the door and stuck my head out. I watched the other cars go by and watched as we drove by different shops and buildings that were all lit up since it was night.

——

When we finally made it to our destination, Tadashi's friends met up with us like they said they would and helped Hiro and Tadashi bring the blue bins inside the building. Tadashi held onto my leash as he pushed one of the bins inside. I looked around and saw all the cool things people had made, one invention had a guy on a excercise bike underwater!

I knew I had to focus, because I was working but everything looked so interesting! It is hard sometimes to focus when there is fun stuff around you, but luckily Tadashi was patient and understanding of me as he knew that I was still learning and also reminding me by telling me these words that helped me:

"Look at me."

"Good Boy!"

"Good job!"

"Nice."

——

"Wow, a lot of sweet tech here today." Tadashi commented, "How are you feeling?"

"You're talking to an ex-bot fighter. Takes a lot more than this to rattle me." Hiro replies with confidence.

"Yep, he's nervous." GoGo commented.

"Ohh..." Honeylemon said in concern.

"Oh, you have nothing to fear, little fellow." Fred said.

"He's so tense." Honeylemon added.

"No, I'm not!" Hiro replied with a wide forced smile.

"Relax, Hiro. You're tech is amazing! Tell him, GoGo!" Honeylemon told Hiro.

"Stop whining. Women up." GoGo said.

"I'm fine!" Hiro replied again, nervously with a slight voice crack.

"What do you need, little man? Deodorant? Breath mint? Fresh pair of underpants?" Wasabi asked.

"Underpants? You need serious help." GoGo commented.

"Hey, I come prepared." Wasabi replied.

"I haven't done laundry in six months." Fred added as he sat himself on the stage, "One pair lasts me four days. I go front, I go back, I go inside-out. Then, I go front and back."

Wasabi gags.

"Wow. That is both disgusting and awesome." Tadashi smiles.

"Don't encourage him." GoGo replies.

"It's called, 'recycling'." Fred adds.

"Next presenter, Hiro Hamada." An announcer called from the stage.

"Oh, yeah. This is it." Fred chuckles and gets off the stage.

"Guess I'm up." Hiro says.

"Okay, photo, photo! Everybody say, 'Hiro!'" Honeylemon held up her phone.