Chapter 3: The Shades

nvm i genuinely cannot i dont have any interest in this game until 3.2 comes out lol

"Put them on?! Are you insane?!" "Cmon Dawn, its just a pair of shutters! What harm can it do to you?" "I don't care! It could be the same as the normal shades! It could infect me the same way it infected ██!!" "Come on! You'll be fine! If I notice anything, I'll help you." Still nervous, Dawn finally agreed. "Fine. But if I get infected, you're going to die." You'll be fine!!" said Lumini. Dawn slowly put on the glasses, not wanting to break them, as they seemed too small. But as Dawn slid on the glasses, they seemed to grow to just the right size. Dawn noticed this, and mentioned it. "I think the glasses just grew, they couldn't have fit like this earlier.." "Hm, now that you mention it, they do seem bigger! Probably just our minds playing tricks on us!" "Probably.. still a bit worried though." After a while, Lumini mentions something. "Hey!! Look at you! Its been a full minute and you're fine! Now lets take-" *They struggle trying to take them off off Dawn.* "H-Huh? Why won't they come off?" "What?!! They won't come off? This is why I didn't wanna do this!!" said dawn, in a nervous voice, sounding as if they were gonna cry. "It's okay! We'll just get some vasele-" They cut off, as they noticed something on Dawn. "Dawn... is that fur?" Dawn looked frantically around, eventually finding fur growing on their arm. "Oh no. No no no no. I cant be infected. I didn't want to do this. I didn't wanna wear these stupid shutter glasses." said Dawn, tearing up. "Hey, no you won't be infected! If we just get those glasses off, it should stop, right? You should know this! You're a scientist here afterall!" "I guess you're right, but you said they wouldn't come off! If the fur came this fast, I definitely don't have enough time to get these off before im infected." "Cmon Dawn, lighten up! We have enough time! Now get off your lazy ass and lets find some vaseline! Last I saw, there should be some in the break room, I think ██ was using it last, so lets go!" As Dawn slowly got up, they noticed something. A second patch of fur. It was growing on their upper right thigh. They didn't mention it though, they just followed. They couldn't break it to Lumini. They didn't have the heart. "Alright, lets go find that vaseline." said Dawn, in a forced voice, trying to hide their misery. As they went on, the infection got worse, but Dawn ignored it. "Come on! Where is it! We should've found the break room by now!" said Lumini, clearly frustrated. "Look, I don't thi-" Dawn suddenly collapsed on the floor. "D-Dawn! Are you okay?!" "Ye-Yeah. I think I'm okay, I just tripped, thats all." As Dawn got up, they noticed something. The fur had spread onto their torso, at the rate they were walking, Dawn was for sure going to be infected fully, but they still hadn't mentioned it. They didn't want to. Finally, they found something. "A map!" said Lumini, overjoyed. "Thats great! Lets find that break room." They looked and found it on the map. "ACROSS THE FACILITY?! WE CAN'T MAKE IT IN TIME!" Dawn sighed and realized it, they had to break it to Lumini, before they got fully infected, and possibly hurt them. "Look, Lumini. I can't be saved." "H-huh?" "I hadn't mentioned it, but the infections gotten worse. It's covered nearly my whole torso. At this rate, i'll be infected in no time, we can't make it to the break room." "Hey nono! W-we can make it in time! You'll be okay!" said Lumini, about to cry. "Please, Lumini. I know we can't. Go without me, try to get to a safe spot. I can't be saved anymore." "Pl-Please Dawn, y-you have to come w-with! I c-cant let you di-die!" said Lumini, sobbing. "Its gonna be alright. All I ask of you is for you to run, get as far away from me as possible, so if you could, please fulfill my last request. I don't want to hurt you." "Al-alright, I'm sorry Dawn, I never wanted this to happen, I just wanted to mess around. Not get you infected.." "Look, its not your fault, don't blame yourself for this." They had their last goodbyes, and Lumini ran, just like Dawn told them to do. "I'm sorry Dawn." they said, running. Dawn was nearly infected by the time Lumini had to stop to take a breath. "Heh. I always knew this would happen to me, but who would've guessed it would happen so soo-" Dawn coughed intensely. They were coughing up blood. "God this hurts. How did I go so long without mentioning it! It feels like my skin is getting holes poked into it!" Dawns whole body had been nearly infected, just his head remained. Once it was covered, Dawn would be infected fully. "Well, guess this is it. I had a nice run, everything. Just wish I didn't have this happen to me so soon." The fur spread to their head, and Dawn was infected. They had no recollection of their non-infected life, yet they felt as if, they knew someone, a human that had helped them. They still remembered Lumini.