Chapter 8: A Crystal Encounter

After a while, they left the cafeteria, talking and exploring. Eventually, the came across a crystal cavern. As the name suggests, its a cavern full of crystals. "Huh, why does this place exist? Why would they connect the facility to a huge, unsafe cave? Thats stupid." Says Zerine. "Honestly, who knows. This place is hell, I wouldn't expect more from this place." says Lumini. Slowly, they walked throughout the cave, pointing out weird things, when suddenly Dawn points out something. "Am I imagining it, or is that another person?" "Huh, I kinda do see one. Probably just a crystal." says Lumini. "Hey wait no..that is a person! Should go see if they need help??" said Lumini, immediately backtracking on his previous statement. "No! That's a stupid idea! Why would we go to a random person?!" said Zerine. "I think they need help.. I'm gonna go check it out." "Me too." replied Lumini. Zerine grunts and finally agrees to go check it out. "It seems to be an infected..?" "Lets go see if they need help!" After Dawn gave the idea, they all start approaching the unknown infected. "Hey, are you okay?" asked Lumini, toward the unknown infected. "W-Who are you? Where am I? WHO am I?!" "Try to calm yourself down.. we can explain this situation to you better.." "Answer my question! Who a-are you?!" "Okay; look. I'm Lumini, the one next to me is Dawn, and the one back there is Zerine. We aren't here to hurt you." "H-How am I supposed to trust you?! I wake up in this MASSIVE CAVE, with no recollection of anything!" "I mean.. they do have a point, Lumini..." Zerine walks over. "And how are we supposed to trust YOU?! You could be working for the humans! You could easily be a threat to us!" says Zerine, angered. "Calm down Zerine! From what we all went through, they seem to be telling the truth. You seem to remember nothing when you wake up." "I still don't trust them." growled Zerine. Zerine then walked away. "Look, do you have anything that could point out who you could be? Me and Dawn found nametags, so thats how we know our names." "I..I don't. All I have is this strange memory of a name, Fluorite." "Fluorite? That might be your name!" "Really? You think so?" "Yeah..! It makes the most sense, so it has to be!" "Fluorite.. I like that name!" "Listen, Fluorite, would you like to come with us? I mean it is practically just us, besides from the hordes of humans running around this facility." "Sure, why not." said Fluorite. "You're inviting THEM into our group?! We barely even know them! You guys quite literally JUST met them! They could be putting on an act for all we know!" shouted Zerine. "Well.. I mean we barely know you either.. whats the difference?" says Dawn. "Whats the difference? Are you hearing yourself? You guys saved me from near death! We have a reason to trust each other!" "We have to give them a chance! They're all alone, what happens if another horde of humans comes along and attacks them! What then! You'll have their blood on your hands." "Wel-" "We're taking them along, even if you don't agree. "... Fine. They can come, but I still don't trust them." "Alrighty! Come with us, we'll try to get you used to your surroundings." said Zerine, joyfully. Slowly, Fluorite got more used to the facilities, and the places surrounding them. "Hey, you 3, I never really got the chance to thank you but, really. Thank you, even you Zerine." Zerine scoffs. "Without you guys most likely I would've died due to a group of humans." said Fluorite. "Hey, its no problem! We're happy to help! We certainly don't want anyone getting hurt if we can help it." replied Lumini. Dawn suddenly chimed in. "Yeah, like Lumini said. It really is no problem. We wouldn't want anyone getting hurt if its preventable." Slowly, Zerine warmed up to Fluorite. Eventually, Zerine went up to apologize to Fluorite. "Hey, look. I just wanted to apologize for how I acted before. I'm overprotective of my friends, and I just didn't trust you, I'm so-" Fluorite went in for a hug. "Its alright, I forgive you." "Thank you, once again, I'm sorry." As Zerine's eyes begin to tear up, they wince in pain. "Are you okay?" asked Fluorite. "Yeah, it's just that I have no eyelids, and practically anything that touches my eyes hurts like hell, no worries." replied Zerine. "Have you tried to cover them?" "Yeah, I have but its just not for me. I decide to just deal with the pain." "Alrighty, suit yourself. Lets head back to the group, shall we?" "Yeah; lets do that." replied Zerine.