Chapter 12: Research Clutter

Another long chapter!! 

Over the intercom, the sentence "Staff Member #137 please report to the main office. He'd like to speak to you." was heard. The scientist headed toward the main office. "He's waiting in there, do not disappoint him." said the woman at the front desk. The scientist headed into the room, dreading it already. "What did you call me into here for, sir?" "I'd like an update." said the mysterious red glowing figure. "An update?" "An update on the captured Gootraxians. dimwit." "Oh, sorry. But sir, I regret to inform you that the captured gootraxians have escaped." "The captured gootraxians have escaped? I see." "Have you at least collected samples?" "Sir, that's what I wanted to talk to you about. They uhm, destroyed the samples. I only have one left." said the scientist, not trying to upset the unknown figure. "You cannot be serious. One singular sample? That's all you were able to save?" "It's something good though. It was collected from the Slime Dragon, supposedly the strongest one of the group." "I see. And what exactly can you tell me about this sample? Where did you collect it?" "It's a mixture of the arms, legs and torso. Those seem to be its strongest areas, so I collected those." "I see. Give me it." The scientist hands over the vial of slime. "Interesting.. rainbow." The mysterious figure then uncaps it, and pours a small amount onto the desk. The slime was still full of electricity, so it shocked the unknown figure. "Is it supposed to do that?" asked the figure. "No, it is not. We collected that sample after testing multiple types of electricity, all seeming to have no effect." "I see, what do you think we could use this sample for?" "Well, you see, I believe we could mass produce weapons from this. It seems to have enough power, and energy to be used for such." answered the scientist. "Hm. Send it to the weapons department. We'll see what we could use it for." "Alright sir. I'll send it there."

During that conversation, the main four were still out in hiding.

"Well? We're no good hiding out here! We're just gonna get found again! Do you know how stealthy those humans can be?! We could be sleeping and they'll kill us! Do you understand what risks you're taking with this?!" Lumini said towards Dawn who was in the corner of the cave tapping his foot against the floor. "Yes, but if we were to go outside we would get killed on sight! Didn't you hear what they said? I thought you were hearing like a hawk or something!" While both Lumini and Dawn were arguing, Fluorite was watching over Zerine while listening to them talking. Lumini's and Dawn's voices were raised before Flourite stood up and got between them. "Will you two please be quiet! Not only are you arguing and it's super loud, but if you get louder the humans will hear us! So please just be quiet!" Dawn tilted their head to see past Flourite and at Lumini "I suppose you're right. If humans hear us well... But look at Zerine! She'd be too weak to defend herself or anyone for that matter." Dawn said, pointing his hand out at Zerine. "Well what CAN we do? We can't just stay here! We need to get help for Zerine." Lumini said, walking towards Zerine and kneeling down next to them. Fluorite then chimed in. "Well maybe we can sneak around and look for help leaving Zerine here?" Dawn looked at Flourite like they were crazy. "Are you nuts? Going out there?!" "I mean it is our best shot. Like Lumini said, we could be killed while sleeping. We're basically sitting ducks at this point." Dawn stayed silent. "Not to mention, we escaped the humans already, we know how they act. If we encounter them, we can just hide." added Fluorite. "She's right, Dawn. It's a 2v1 in this decision, so whether you like it or not, we're going out there to find supplies." Dawn continued to be silent. "Either you go out there with us, or you stay and watch Zerine. Your pick, Dawn." "... I'll watch Zerine. She needs someone to look after her, incase of emergency." "Alright, let's go Fluorite. We need to find supplies, and a better way to defend ourselves." So off the two went, leaving Dawn with Zerine. "Zerine, I know you can't hear me now, but I do hope you're okay. I worry sometimes about what happens to you, and how you handle it." "Whenever you wake up, you have to sit and rest. It's gonna do you no good rushing to be out of this cave. Alright?" Dawn sighed, and went back to sitting in the corner, tapping their foot.