Parallels between Aiden and Draupadi

A/N-  Indian mythology is subjective, there are many versions of the same stories, these are all taken from what versions of the myths I learnt while growing up.

Of course, the first one is that Draupadi married the five brothers but preferred Arjuna, the same way Aiden is friends with all of them but only saw Aru romantically.

I don't know if this one is counted, but Suyodhana dislikes Aiden, and in the Mahabharata Duryodhana dislikes Draupadi.

Aiden means 'little fire' in Gaelic and Draupadi was born from fire.

Aiden curses the people who insulted Brynne for being part Asura, and Draupadi was famous for her curses.

During the kiss scene in the City Of Gold, Kara first confesses to Aiden that she likes him, and he rejects her. Then, Aru confesses and he kisses her. In the Mahabharata, during Draupadi's swayamwara (a practice in which a woman chooses a groom from a group of men), she challenges the men that she will marry the person who shoots a fish's eye by only looking at its reflection. Karna is the first person who is able to shoot the fish, but Draupadi rejects his hand in marriage since he was of a lower caste. Arjuna is the next person who was able to shoot the fish, and she agrees to marry him.

Draupadi was known for her intelligence and knowledge, and Aiden is portrayed as intelligent.

After the war, all of the Pandavas and Draupadi start their ascent to the heavens by climbing up the Himalayas in India. Along the way, a dog befriends them (who is later revealed to be lord Yama, the god of death). Draupadi is the first one to fall and die on the way, and when Yudhisthira is asked why she died first, he replies that she died because she did not love all the brothers equally, and she was partial to Arjuna. In the halls of Nidra, Aiden sacrifices himself and dies because of his love for Aru, as said in the prophecy 'The girl you love will be the death of you'. It isn't exactly the same, but I do think Aiden's sacrifice scene was inspired by this scene in the Mahabharata.

A/N- These are all of the parallels that I can think of, but I may have missed some. If there are any that I haven't written, please tell me in the comments. I love thinking about Indian mythology and learning more things about it.