Fearless

A/N- So I have this habit of trying to match every love song I hear to a fictional couple. I tried making a one-shot based on this song by Taylor Swift. If you haven't heard this song, try giving it a listen.  Also. Aiden and Aru aren't dating in this. 

Aiden was glad he'd passed his driving test the first time around. Almost everyone else in his grade had failed at least a couple of times before getting their license. Today Aru had asked him for a ride from her chess class because her mom was busy, and Aru had failed her driving test. ''I didn't fail, okay! The test was rigged.'' Aru had claimed when she came home after ceasing to pass the test.

Halfway to the class, it began to rain. Aiden groaned, turning on his wipers. He'd only driven once before in the rain and he hated it.

By the time he reached Aru's class, it had stopped raining. He may have hated driving in the rain, but he did like the way everything looked after a storm. The was this sort of glow on the pavements, and the air was refreshing. He snapped a picture, but for once his camera couldn't quite capture the appeal of his surroundings. He put his camera down, and stood by the doorway, waiting for Aru. The sky still looked dark and stormy, and he had a feeling it was going to rain again. Finally, Aru walked out of the class and waved when she spotted him. ''Thanks for the ride'' she said, as they walked towards the car. ''No problem'' he said. Aru scanned the road. ''I wish I'd been there when it rains. I love to mess around in it'' she said. ''You know, you could fall sick if you do that'' Aiden said. Aru rolled her eyes. ''So you've never tried it?'' she asked, getting into his car. Aiden shook his head. ''Nah.''

They continued to talk about irrelevant stuff as they drove home. Aru laughed at something he said, tugging at a strand of her hair. Aiden found himself staring at her, trying not to get caught up in his feelings. But she made that impossible. She could do any minuscule thing and he'd still find it fascinating.

Somewhere along the way, it began the rain again as Aiden had predicted. Aru's face lit up. ''Stop the car, Wifey'' she said, opening her door when he did so. ''Shah, you'll catch a cold'' he protested, but she paid no attention to him. She could be like a child sometimes, he thought as she danced around in the rain, laughing. A smile tugged at his lips as he quietly took a picture with Shadowfax. She turned to him. ''Come on, it's fun!'' she exclaimed, dragging him out of the car. And though he would've never agreed to something like this, something made him want to. He didn't know why, but with her, he would dance in a storm.

They got back into the car sometime later, and Aiden wanted to drive until they ran out of road, staying in this moment. She looked at him, smiling, and he wanted to capture this moment, and remember it forever.

They soon reached the museum, and Aiden walked Aru to the doorway. They were both soaking wet, their clothes dripping. ''We better dry up'' he said. She nodded. Neither of them seemed to want to leave. Aru hesitated. ''Thanks again'' she said. He smiled. She inched closer, and his brain ceased to function. What was wrong with him? He searched her face, as she began to lean closer. She looked hopeful, and, feeling a little braver, he did something crazy.

He kissed her.

It was his first kiss, and he felt a way he'd never felt before. Warmth spread through his body, extinguishing every thought from his brain. It was flawless, really something.

It was fearless.  

A/N- What are some of your favorite songs? If you have any suggestions or songs that you would like to see a story based on, please comment down below. I hope you liked this chapter.