Aruden Movie Date (Oneshot)

A/N- Aruden isn't dating in this. 

''Anyone wanna go with me to the new movie that just came out? It's called 'The Horror Of The Mummy'. It sounds awesome!'' Aru said, bursting into the room. The Potatoes gave her a Look. ''No. The last time I watched a horror movie I couldn't sleep for weeks'' Rudy said. Aru rolled her eyes. "Wimp. Anyone else?" She asked. Mini shook her head. "Nah. I'm not free" Brynne said. "I haven't even told you when I want to go!" exclaimed Aru. "Still no".  Mini pushed her glasses up, saying "Maybe you should go by yourself". Aru groaned. "Fine. I guess I have to," she said. Aiden, who was fiddling with Shadowfax, looked up at her. "If you promise to buy the snacks, then...I'll come with you," he said. Aru sighed. "Do I have to?" she asked. Aiden raised his eyebrow. "Do you want company or not?" he asked. Aru rolled her eyes. "Fine". 

Aru had borrowed fifteen dollars from her mom because she'd run out of pocket money after the firecracker BB incident that she'd sworn never to speak of again.  (A/N- Y'all I don't know- is fifteen dollars enough for some movie snacks?) For the first time in her life, she was early. She reached the theatre twenty minutes before the movie when it suddenly hit her. She was going to be spending more than an hour with Aiden. 

Alone. 

Why did that make her nervous? She was just spending some time with a friend. She did that all the time with Brynne and Mini, so why was this any different? (A/N- Aiden? Oh, he's just a very good friend!) He arrived a few minutes later, and for once in his life, Shadowfax wasn't with him. ''It's a rule because of piracy'' he said unhappily. Aru smirked. ''Come on, you can live without your best friend for a little while'', she said. He shot her a look, then said, ''Let's go. There's going to be a huge queue for the tickets if we don't hurry''. 

Once they got the tickets (and the popcorn plus the candy), they settled down. ''Ah. The middle row. Heaven,'' said Aru, leaning back into her chair. After the advertisements and credits, the movie finally started. A man was opening an Egyptian casket in an abandoned pyramid. (A/N- Sorry about my terrible descriptions of this movie- I've never seen a horror movie before) ''I hate this already'' Aiden said. ''Then why'd you come?'' shot back Aru. Aiden frowned.  ''I, uh, felt bad for you. Yep, that's why I came'' he said shiftily. Aru raised her eyebrows at him, before turning her head back to the screen. 

About fifteen minutes into the movie, the mummy shot out of the casket suddenly, causing everyone but Aru to jump. She was basically immune to horror movies at this point. Aiden jumped too, clutching the armrest. The only problem with that was, Aru's hand was already on the armrest. 

''Um, sorry'' she said, her face flaming. Aiden pulled his hand back suddenly, like he was disgusted by the idea of touching her. 'Well, okay. That doesn't make me upset at all. Why should it?' she thought. 

A few minutes later, after yet another jump scare (Aru had luckily not been resting her arm on the armrest this time), Aiden's hand nudged hers. She glanced at him. He was looking ahead. Maybe he was unaware? His hand moved towards hers more, so that they were now nearly holding hands. She looked at him again, and his time he was looking at her.  She was feeling rebellious now. She held his hand fully, feeling his pulse and her face grew hot. She waited for him to move it. 

But he didn't. 

They sat like that for the rest of the movie, clutching each other's hands, letting go only after all the end credits had rolled. 

A/N- Okay, fine. I watched Heartstopper nine times and then was inspired to write this.  

I honestly don't know what to write anymore, no inspiration is striking me. In the next few days, I may either finish this book, or announce a hiatus. I'm still deciding.

It's sad, but I've nearly outgrown this series. I still love the characters, but I no longer feel the way I used to about writing fanfiction about this series. If I do finish this book, I might continue writing but not about this series. 

See you guys hopefully soon with an update.