One last kiss, then catch your flight (Part 1)

A/N- I don't even know what this is lol. My friend and I wrote this, so blame her if it sucks.  Also, this happens after NOI, but there aren't any spoilers for it. 

Aiden had called Aru to his house because he needed to talk about something. Aru hoped it wasn't bad news, but she couldn't tell by his voice when he'd called her. She entered his living room, where he sat down on a chair and prompted her to do the same. ''What's up?'' she asked, trying to sound like she wasn't freaking out. Aiden sighed. ''I'll be going to the Riverside Science and Art university soon'' he said. Aru frowned. That didn't sound like bad news at all. So why did he look so solemn? ''That- that's great, right?'' she asked. Aiden stared at the floor. ''It's in California.''

 Aru didn't know what to say. ''Oh'', was all she could manage. '' Um, when will you be leaving?'' she asked, hoping it was at least a couple of months away. Aiden grimaced. ''In two weeks''. Aru couldn't imagine Aiden not being there in Atlanta with all of them. All she could do right now was ask questions to distract herself from the sudden news he'd just given her. ''When did you find out?'' she asked. ''A month ago'' Aiden said quietly, still not looking at her. Aru's sadness turned into anger. He'd known for a month? And he chose to tell her now? Aiden finally looked up at her and saw her expression. ''I'm sorry. It's just- I thought you would try to convince me to stay or something''. Aru was stunned. ''Why would I stop you from having a future?'' she demanded. ''Of course, I'll miss you, but I'm happy for you. I'm upset that you didn't tell me earlier, and that you would even think I'd hold you back from your dreams.'' she continued. ''I said I'm sorry!'' Aiden said, his voice rising. ''Sorry doesn't cut it!'' she retorted, standing up. She hated this, she hated arguing with him. Aiden rolled his eyes. ''I knew you'd act like this if I told you'' he said. He was being unreasonable. ''I'm not angry that you're leaving! Don't you get that? I'm sad that you're leaving, but I'm happy you're going to a great college, and I'm happy you get to study what you love. What's wrong, Aiden? You never act like this'' she questioned. 

''You know what? This is pointless. There's no way this is going to work anyway'' Aiden said, ignoring her. Aru was shocked. Was he saying what she thought he was saying? ''What do you mean?'' she asked, trying to wrap her head around what was happening. He didn't look at her. ''I think we have to break up.'' he said. Aru's heart broke into a million pieces. She could only whisper, ''What?''.'' You heard me',' he muttered and stormed out of the room.

She stumbled back into her chair. Four years she'd known him, and this was something she'd never expected from him. She'd only dully acknowledged what had just happened. This couldn't be real, could it? This had to be a nightmare. Slowly, she felt resentful. She wasn't wrong for expecting Aiden to tell her that he was leaving. He was being irrational. She'd just lost a relationship and a friendship in a matter of minutes, and it was all his fault.

That night was movie night with Brynne and Mini. Aru didn't want them to think anything was up, so she sat through the movie with them. They occasionally tried to talk to her, and half the time she didn't even hear them through her thoughts. When they were finally done, Aru went home without saying goodbye to them. They tried to contact her, and ask her what was wrong through the mind link but she blocked it. ''Did you have fun today beti?'' her mom asked her as she was on her way up to her room. ''Yeah, whatever'' Aru muttered and shut her room's door without saying goodnight.

Aru couldn't sleep very well. She would never talk to Aiden again, was her final decision. He'd ruined everything. 

A/N-  Part two will be out in a couple of days.