One last kiss, then catch your flight (Part 3)

Aru froze. She didn't want anyone to see her like this. Especially not Aiden. She didn't reply, hoping he would go away. She heard another thumping on the door. ''Shah, open up!'' came Brynne's voice. ''I don't want to talk to anyone right now!'' Aru said through the mind link. Brynne ignored her, pushing the door open, shoving Aiden inside, and locking the door from outside.

Crap.

Aiden walked carefully towards her. ''Aru? Are you-are you okay?'' he asked. Aru didn't say anything. Aiden continued. ''I, um, heard you crying from outside.''He walked closer to her, gently putting his hand on her shoulder. She looked up at him, and she couldn't hold the words in any longer. ''Why'd you do it, Aiden? What's happening to you?'' she asked suddenly. He pulled his hand back quickly, looking down at the floor. ''I don't know'' he said softly. That wasn't the answer she expected. He sat down on Brynne's bed, sighing. Aru walked over. ''You can tell me what's going on, you know?'' she said. ''I- I'm sorry, Shah. I don't know how to explain without sounding stupid. I know you'll never forgive me, but the least I can do is apologize'' Aiden said. ''Just say it any way you can'' Aru said, sitting down next to him. ''It's just- I've always been scared of hurting people, or people hurting me. And I thought maybe if I broke up with you, you wouldn't miss me or anything. I mean, what if we did stay together but then things change completely? Leaving always changes things'' Aiden said. Aiden's fear had always been with him, ever since she first met him at thirteen. It wasn't a surprise to her, not really. He'd hurt her feelings, but she could also understand where he was coming from. She was scared too.  Aiden looked at her pleadingly. ''I'm so sorry Aru. I don't want to leave without fixing things. I just want you to know that I've been thinking a lot, and I'm ready to do long-distance. But I get it if you don't want to do that. I just hope we can at least stay friends'' Aiden said, his voice dipping doubtfully. Aru stared at the floor, not sure what to do. Of course, she wanted to stay with him. But things would, as Aiden had said, change. ''I'll....I'll tell you in a few days?'' she asked. Aiden looked disappointed but nodded. ''Yeah. Sure.''

It was the day. Aiden was leaving for California. Aru hadn't spoken to him much, and she still hadn't decided on what she wanted. She was laying on her bed, staring at the ceiling, thinking. It suddenly hit her like a truck- today was the last day she would see him in a very, very long time. Her mind flashed through all the memories, experiences, and adventures they'd had from that first time she'd spoken to him and said ''I know where you live''. She said up suddenly. She was going to fix this. She ran downstairs. ''Mom! Please give me a ride to the airport- it's really important!'' she yelled, throwing her shoes on.

Once she got to the airport she ran inside, desperately hoping he hadn't already left. ''Brynne, what's Aiden's flight number?''. She asked through the mind link. ''3657. But why?'' Brynne responded. Aru ignored her. She looked around her. Where was he? An announcement came from the P.A system. ''Flight 3657 to California will be delayed by thirty minutes. Our deepest apologies''.

Flight 3657. That was Aiden's! Aru walked over quickly to the observation room. Sure enough, he was sitting on a chair, looking at Shadowfax. ''Aiden!'' she called, running over. He looked up, surprised. ''Aru? What are you doing here?"' he asked. He got up, staring at her. ''I'm sorry for delaying my decision.'' Aru started. ''It's fine Shah. I get it. We can be just fr-'' she cut him off. With a kiss. When she pulled away seconds later, she smiled. ''It'll be hard, but it's not impossible. Change isn't always bad. We'll make it work. I know we will''.

A/N-- This sucks so bad, but I have an explanation. My friend and I love old cheesy Bollywood movies. It wouldn't be a good story if it didn't include a part where a person runs to the airport to stop their significant other from boarding the flight. Anyway, if you have any suggestions or ideas, please tell me in the comments. Thanks!