제7장

*

4 years and two months later after Beomgyu left

Hyora's pov

"Thank you, come back again" I smiled at customers as they leave the exit. I sighed and took a seat. I brushed my bangs back and pat my forehead with my towel.

This summer surely has been too hot for humans to handle. What can I say? It's our fault that the ozone layer can't do its job properly.

"Do you think we should call it a day?"

I turned to my side and saw Steve walking towards me. There was a towel hanging around his nape and his red hair was clinging to his forehead.

"Steve, its only 1 pm in the afternoon. We haven't opened for 12 hours yet" I said.

"But you look haggard already. You should take a walk and enjoy the weather" He suggested and took a sip of my drink.

He's face then scrunched in disgust. I laughed when he spit the drink on the sink. He look at the drink with disgusted face and put it down back to me.

"That's what you get, I knew you would try to steal my drink again" I smirked at him.

"Not fair, I thought you don't drink mint drinks?" He whined and drank water.

"I didn't say I hate it, besides, I found mint chocolate flavor interesting these days" I said.

I frowned when I stare at my drink. My eyes went to the straw.

"You drink from the straw I drank" I said blankly at him. He smiled sheepishly at me, I punched his shoulder.

"Ahh!" He shouted.

"바보!(Idiot)" I said and took a sip of my drink. I stare outside and watched how people passes by my café. They are all using an umbrella because of hot weather.

I spotted a couple on the bench. They look so sweet and happy with each other. They smile and laugh to each other.

It reminds me of him.

It's been so long since I saw him. I never ever saw even his shadow again. I decided to settle my mom's case down and just let it go by.

The important things is my mom is now in peace. She like him very much that he treats him like a son. I bet her heart will break if she saw him behind the bars. Besides, dude just vanished like that and not even a trace of him was found.

Maybe his living in Mars now.

I miss him.

I hate him.

No matter how shattered I am when he took my mother's life. I still love him with my heart and I can't deny the fact that I still want to be with him. It's not like I can control my feelings.

"You're right, I think we should call it a day. I'm going out" I said and stood up.

"Alright, leave this to me and go on" Steve smiled and pet my hair. I smiled and go out side.

A cold wint hit my face, making my white hair flew. I smiled at the great weather and decided to go to the park. Thankfully the park only contains few people. So it means no crowds and groups of people running around.

I decided to go sit by the forest and hopefully witness some animals passing by. The cute ones, not the one who will eat me.

My phone vibrates from my hand. I look down to see who messages me.

Steve: I closed the café already. Take some rest and enjoy your time for yourself :)

Hyora: 감사합니다(Thank you) My handsome partner :)

I chuckled and took my phone back to my pocket.

After I graduated my two years course of college . I claimed my mom's wealth to build my own business. My mom always wanted a café so I build it.

But before I took a step to build it. I figure out that it might give me a hardship to maintain my success. That's when I met Steve, I met him on the mall.

You see, I was so desperate to buy this item. And when I finally saw it a hand took it before me. Not letting my self get defeated. I fight for it lmao, it made a chaos between us two.

This 185cm guy is too tall to fight with. But I managed to jump on his back and got my item. He let me go and let me take it instead. I got ashamed of my actions right away. He laughed it off and thanked me for giving a better day.

You call it a better day when you got beaten up by almost 20cm shorter that you? Yes I'm 165cm tall amd that's actually shorter than you think.

But he became the best friend I ever have. He became my business partner as he has a goal to build a café as well. Now out business is running 2 years now. It was getting oddly successful and we never get anything wrong.

My thoughts where interrupted when a ball hits my head. It's like bullseye, a perfect bullseye.

I feel down the bench and grabbed my aching head.

"Argh!" I groaned and try to stand up.

"I-I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to hit you right in the head" An apologetic voice came beside me. I glanced at him and saw a grown man with blonde hair. But it's bleached by the looks of it. Since there's black roots.

"It's okay, god that hurts" I groaned once again and look at him. His eyes was drowning with apologies and worries.

"Hahahaha, I look funny right?" I laughed at him.

"I'm so sorry" He bowed multiple times. I held his shoulder to stop him but he didn't stop.

"It's okay! Stop bowing! Okay how about we introduce ourselves to each other since we already had a unexpected interaction" I suggested. His eyes lit up and nodded vigorously. It looks like his head with dislocate.

"I'm Daniel" He introduced.

"Hi, my name is Shin Hyora" I introduced back. His eyes then widen, I was taken aback at his reaction.

"Shin Hyora?"

"Uh-huh?"

"N-nice to meet you" He smiled suspiciously.