제11장

*

"Yah, you're dozing off again! Eat your food before it gets cold" I snapped out of my spaced out state and look at Steve who was staring at me while chewing his chicken.

"Aren't you supposed to be in Jeju for 3 weeks? How come you got here earlier? I also got confused that you said you're gonna send something for me tonight and it turns out the sender is you" I raised my eyebrow at him. I took a piece of chicken and ate it.

"Well, things didn't go pretty well there" Steve said seriously.

"What happened?"

"There's a mutant attack at the area. They're appearing everywhere more and more. Me and my family has to leave before the whole island was locked up" He explained to me. I nodded at him after I understand.

"Thankfully you and your family isn't hurt. Right?" I asked concerned.

He smiled and nodded at me. I sighed I relief before staring outside the window.

The bracelet came to my mind once again. I look at Steve who was busy eating and called him out.

"Steve"

"Mmm"

"Someone brought me a package. I'm not sure who was it from but it was for me since there's my name on it. Do you perhaps know someone named Ben?" I asked him directly.

He suddenly stopped chewing and looked at me with wide eyes. He swallowed the food with the help of water and wiped his mouth.

" Ben? Someone send you a package named Ben? "He confirmed. I nodded at him, I pulled out the bracelet which I got from the package.

I gently placed it on the table and Steve started inspecting it. I was scamming his whole face this whole time and he's a bit serious about it.

"No way" He whispered but enough for me to hear. I looked at him with suspicious look.

"I gotta go" He stood up immediately. I flinched at the loud sound and it caught other customers' attention as well.

"Y-yah! Steve where are you-"

I watched him run away from the restaurant. What's with him?

Does he perhaps know Beomgyu?

I pulled the bracelet back to my bag and lay some cash on the table before sprinting out of the restaurant.

What are you hiding Steve?

I got to my house right on time. I immediately locked the door and closed all the blinds. I'm fearing for my dream to happen.

I washed myself and changed my clothes. I need something to do for those nightmares and fears to go away for a while.

To Steve:
- What just happened? Why you run away like that?

I threw my phone on the bed and grabbed two packets of ramen for my dinner.

I just finished all the steps to cook ramen but he's still not replying. This getting weirder and weired everyday.

I slurp the ramen out of stress. Still staring at my phone.

It's been hours and I'm finally laying down on my bed after locking all possible entrance to my house. Steve is still not responding to my texts.

I groaned and threw it on the table before forcing myself to sleep it all away.