Chapter 6 ✨Beauty Pageant ✨

RILEY'S POV
I was sitting on the couch reading fashion magazine, with my feet in a big blue bowl of hot lime water.

Just to make my feet soft and comfortable.

“Hey, Riley!” Asher called.

I put the magazine down and glanced at Asher “What's up?”

Asher sat beside me with an envelope “Look what came in the mail for you.”

“For me?”

“Yeah, lemme read it for you.” he said as he opened the envelope, brought out some papers and he read.

“Miss Teenage California 2022. All female contenders that are 16 years and above are eligible to compete this year beauty pageant. If you're interested in competing please fill out the form given and contact us ASAP with the number written above. If you win this competition, you will be able to meet three of any of your favorite celebrities, win a scholarship to any college or university of your choice and a vacation to Hawaii for a month with a partner.” Asher read and smiled at me.

I gave him a contempt look and rolled my eyes.

“You should compete.” Asher suggested.

I cringed “What? Hell no!!!”

“Why?”

“Because, I'm not interested in fashion stuffs or competitions” I said.

“But you're reading a fashion magazine.” Asher said.

“Still no.”

“C'mon Riley, a lot of girls in our school wanna compete for this, Olivia, Maddie, Jenny, my other cousin Tania and other girls in our school, it's like you're the only one that won't compete.” Asher shrugged.

“So? I don't wanna..."

“They also said that you'll win a prize money of $16,000 dollars” Asher cut me off.

I snatched the papers from him, checked it.

Holy Molly!!! It's true!!

I scoffed “No way, I'm competing.”

  I removed my pen from the magazine and was filling out the form.

“Really? I thought you don't wanna.” Asher teased.

“Duhh!!”

Asher laughed.

I must win this pageant, I need this money for my mom and I, also my cousin Sadie.

She has cancer and she didn't even have a dad and her mom doesn't have enough money to treat the poor girl so I wanna help.

JENNY'S POV
I squealed happily as I read the letter, I must win this beauty pageant so that Asher will fall for me and dump that Riley bitch.

I still can't believe he will date someone like Riley, I mean ew!!!

I don't fucking need the money, but I must win this pageant whether it's to sabotage others.

I smirked.

Jenny James the Miss Teenage California, I love that.

MADDIE'S POV
I felt so excited when I read this letter, me as Miss Teenage California.

This is so amazing, but it suits Riley the more, I hope she participate and wins.

But that doesn't mean I won't contest, I must contest and win because I kinda need the money to

OLIVIA'S POV
I smiled as I read this letter, this is so exciting, I really wanna participate.

I wanna win, I also hope Riley participate, I've never seen her competing in any competition.