II

Final Selection was today. I had my sword and my haori Sir Urokodaki gave me. As we all walked to Final Selection, I felt someone's hand intertwined with mine. I looked up to see Tomioka, smiling. His smiles do give me these kinds of feelings.

We arrived at the gates to see two children. Wisteria trees surrounded. They did look pretty. "Welcome to Final Selection. You'll be here for 7 days. Use your sword to behead the demons. If something is not clear, please ask now." The two children said.

The crowd went silent as the gates opened. Everyone rushed as we all ran inside. As I used Water Breathing, something came across my sword. Was it smoke? Did it have to deal with my power? I need to tell this to Sir Urokodaki.

Days went by and by as I lost sight of my group. That was until I heard screaming coming from the east side. As I ran, demons were coming in my direction. "You know what, screw Water Breathing for now." I muttered. "Pause Breathing, First Form, Pause With Poison!" I yelled before beheading the demons in an instant. I continued to run to see Makomo and Tomioka in a big demon's arms. "Pause Breathing, Second Form, Pause Of A Soul!" As I swung my sword, a soul-like person was in smoke. The demon was beheaded.

As Sabito caught Makomo, I caught Tomioka. "I thought you were going to use Water Breathing. What kind of breathing form did you use?" Tomioka asked.

"I don't know. Earlier, I experienced some strange things with my sword. It was like smoke was coming out of my sword. But, when I decided to use Pause Breathing, the smoke was a soul-like person mixed in."

They all shot me with a confused look as I shrugged it off. It was the seventh day. As the sunrise raised, we all walked back to the gates to be greeted by the two children. It was only us who survived. "Congratulations you four. You are officially Demon Slayers. Before you go off, you'll have a crow to assist you with your missions." They said before clapping their hands.

Crows came out of nowhere as one landed on my shoulder. It had a name on the neck. "Yumi, what a lovely name." I said, patting its head. We all bowed before leaving to go back to Sir Urokodaki.

-- -- --

We all saw Sir Urokodaki as we ran up to him and gave him a hug. "You all... you all survived." He said. "Um, Sir Urokodaki, there's something I would like to discuss." Tomioka, Sabito and Makomo went inside as me and Sir Urokodaki sat on the grass.

"During Final Selection, as I was beheading demons, my sword was showing off some kind of smoke while using Water Breathing. When the others were in trouble, I used Pause Breathing and there was a soul-like person mixed in with the smoke." I explained. "My mother, when she was a Demon Slayer, she had a book written down with all the forms of Pause Breathings."

"Well, instead of becoming a Water Hashira, become the Pause Hashira. I might've known your mother. She had good skills with her sword anytime I would see her in town. She was a wonderful woman." He said. "I bet your mother is very proud of you, using her Pause Breathing. For now, use Pause Breathing for the rest of your life."

I nodded as we both went inside to see the others making tea together. "Hey Sonia, would you like some tea?" Makomo said, holding my hands. "I would love some!"

That night was the last time I saw them. The next morning, I had two letters next to my futon. As I got up, I read one as it was from Sabito and Makomo. 'Dear Sonia, we got our first mission. We'll be out for a while. Please take care of yourself. Can't wait to see you again! From Sabito and Makomo.' The letter read.

I then decided to read the other letter from Tomioka. There was something stuck to it as it was a mask. Did he make this? 'Dear Sonia, I received my first mission so I'll be out for a bit. Don't worry, I'll come back in one piece! Just, take care of yourself and Sir Urokodaki while I'm gone. Also, I've made a mask for you when you get your first mission! From, Giyuu Tomioka.' The letter read as I held up the mask. It was a lovely mask.