IX

The sun shines more than a yellow flower they say. Maybe because the sun is their lover? "Treasure..." Giyuu said, still asleep. I played with his hair, making little braids as his head was on my arm. To be honest, he's cute when he's asleep.

"Treasure.. I love you.. So much..." Giyuu kept saying. "Dragon?" I called his nickname. His blue eyes were visible by the sun as he kissed my cheek. "Good morning my beloved treasure." He said, kissing my lips.

"GOOD MORNING LOVE BIRDS! TIME TO MOVE OUR BODIES! C'MON, STOP BEING LAZY ASSES AND GET UP-" Sakumo yelled, walking around my room. That was until I threw a pillow at his face.

"Oh c'mon auntie! I was trying to be funny for once-- wait... WHAT HAPPENED IN HERE?! YOU, HE HER, OH MY GOODNESS! AUNTIE NOOO! YOU DIDN'T--" "OF COURSE NOT SAKUMO. NOT UNTIL MARRIAGE! YOU KNOW I MADE THAT PROMISE TO EVERYONE!" I yelled back.

As I sat up, I fixed my kimono a bit before waking Giyuu up. "I'll give you guys some time to yourselves!" Sakumo said, running out of the room. "What was that about?" Giyuu said, with a questionable face.

When I tried to explain, he freaked out. "He might take it the wrong way, I should've listened to you last night, WHAT WAS I THINKING?!" He yelled. "Giyuu! I told him after marriage. Besides, you did nothing wrong; just a couple kisses and cuddles is fine." I explained.

He sighed in relief. "Thought I was gonna be dead meat." I had to laugh at that. "Also, I don't know where he got that language... it's funny though."

"You know, your laugh puts a smile on my face. Your kisses, send a spark up my spine and down again. Your smile, I could never wish for one as beautiful as yours." Giyuu said, placing a kiss on my lips. "You don't gotta sugarcoat me with all those sweet words." I said before running my hands through his hair.

"GET UP LOVE BIRDS; TODAY'S OUR DAY OFF SO WE'RE GOING OUT!" Sabito and Makomo's voice were heard from outside of the room. As they entered the room, they ran out all of a sudden. "Let's get ready, huh?"

-- -- --

Sabito and Makomo were waiting by the lake we first met. As I sat down, Makomo put her head on my shoulder. "I'm glad to have a best friend like you." That made me smile.

"Well we haven't spent our time together, I wanted to walk together, as best friends to the nearest town. We can go to a cafe, hangout as best friends while a couple will just be stealing kisses from each other." Sabito said as me and Giyuu looked at each other, embarrassed.

"Don't worry, we won't tell everyone. It'll be fun since all of us were busy. It'll also make up for the time we weren't together." Makomo added. We all sat up as we walked to town. "Katsura! Nice seeing you again!" A friendly person I helped the other day waved at me.

"It's good to see you in good health!" I called out to them. We reached a cafe as Giyuu intertwined his hand with mine. "How cute!" "They're so lovely together" We heard people whispering to others. "Four green teas with four pieces of your small cakes." Makomo said as Sabito insisted on paying.

We all sat at a table as we talked about the amazing moments we all had with each other. "We all have to see the waterfall one day; I asked someone and they said it's not far from headquarters." Giyuu suggested.

"How about we go today? Take a swim in the beautiful waters? It'll be fun!" I say. "We should! After we finish eating, we can walk." Makomo said before finishing her drink.

-- -- --

As we arrived at the waterfall, me and Makomo went into a corner and took some of our clothes off, same with the boys. "You guys ready?" We all say before holding each other's hand and jumping into the water. The only thing we all were able to hear were each other screaming.

Feeling the water against my skin felt amazing. When I swam up to the surface, Sabito and Giyuu but not Makomo. That's when someone pulled me under the water. "WHO DID THAT?" I yelled, curiously.

I heard laughs and giggles as Makomo raised her hand. "Oh you better get back over here!" I teasingly say before grabbing her and pulling her under the water with me. Raising up back to the surface, we both felt a splash of water onto our skin.

Looking over, Sabito and Giyuu were laughing before Makomo and I splashed them. It turned into a battle but to be honest, I missed these fun times.

These are the types of bonds best friends are supposed to have. Not, losing each other. If I never met them, I don't know which kind of person I would've become. I'm grateful to have them in my life.

"I'm glad to have you in my life, as my best friends."

The End.

Word Count: 858