CHAPTER 16

Pallavi's diary entry Part VIII:

Today was his b'day. I didn't wished him and acted as if I don't know anything about this special day. Jatin too did the same.

Meanwhile Jatin made sure that he  kept  Raghav busy for the entire day. He made Raghav accompany him to the gym using some random excuse. Of course, when it comes to gym , my Ghamandi Rao can't say no.

Jatin already told me about the kind of decoration he likes, his favorite cake , his favorite brands, etc. I told him that Divya and I will take care of everything. Divya was really helpful and she was extremely excited  when I told her that I am gonna confess today.

Everything went well. Raghav called me twice in between and I spoke normally. It seems like he was getting impatient to hear my answer for him.

Jatin texted me that they reached their home, by around 6:30 and by then , everything was almost done.

I called Raghav and  talked to him in a tensed tone asking him to come to my apartment immediately. He got tensed and I could sense it clearly. He asked me what happened and I remained silent. He told he will reach the place asap.

I switched off the lights and left the door unlocked. My heart was beating was ten times loudly then. Because very soon, I am gonna confess my feelings.

This is my first love, first confession. . . 

After 15 minutes I heard him calling my name loudly in a terrified voice and  at that moment Jatin switched on the lights with all of us screaming "SURPRISE". . .

And he stood there with a stunned expression, looking at the view in front of him.

I think it took him a while to register everything. And once he got back to his senses he had that cute smile on his face.

"How come?" he asked.

"Actually, Jatin told us about  your b'day. We just helped him with this plan."

"No Raghav. Pallavi was the most excited one. She planned everything."

"But you were involved too. That's why Mr. Lazy head was so eager to go to gym today, so that you could keep me busy."

He then turned and looked at me, giving us a moment that was broken when  Divya and Jatin came with his cake.

He cut the cake and fed us.

While he fed me cake, I hugged him and whispered in his ears that I want to speak with him alone, today.  He looked at me and nodded.

We four had lot of fun, sharing their childhood memories. Dhruv and Jatin were so close to him it seems. No wonder he ready to give his life for their sake.

" I really miss Dhruv today. Wonder, what he is doing now." Jatin said all of a sudden , making Raghav upset for a while, which soon turned into a hard expression that I couldn't figure out.

" Jatin said all of a sudden , making Raghav upset for a while, which soon turned into a hard expression that I couldn't figure out

I looked at Divya who remained silent.

I changed the topic by suggesting a movie night. I switched off all the lights and Jatin started playing the home theater.

While all the four of us had our dinner, while watching movie. 

 I stood up with the plates and went to the kitchen.

There was a pleasant light coming from the balcony and soon I felt two arms wrapping around my waist. I knew who it was and my breath got intense.

Jatin and Divya were in the living room, completely indulged in the movie.

"Pallavi. . ." he whispered.

I remained silent   and  looked into his face.

"Say it Pallavi. I can't wait more"

"Raghav"

He didn't replied and came a bit more closer if that's possible.

"I didn't knew how this happened. I was always afraid to love but you bewitched me with your presence in my life; So much so that keeping myself away from you is next to impossible now. You become so important to me that our memoires are precious treasures of my heart . I love you Raghav; I love you with my entire soul"

I saw tears in his eyes and he leaned forward and placed a kiss on my cheeks.

I too started crying and I hugged him so tightly. I finally found my home in his embrace.

I didn't knew how long we stayed like that

Once we broke our hug , he looked straight into my eyes, still keeping his hands on my shoulder.

"This  is the best b'day gift, I could  possibly ever get. Thank You so much Pallavi."

We hugged again.

I finally found life in my lifeless world. I hope we stay like this forever. . .

* * * *

So, guys Raghvi confessed. What could have possibly happened between them, that they got separated later?

I know this a short chapter but pardon me for the same.

Typed down your opinions. Vote  and follow my profile , if you liked this chapter.

Thank You 💖