Teddy

LEE WOOK POV:

I came to work and rolled my eyes when I heard the screaming of little children. I already knew my patience would be tested. Little children were a nuisance when it came to anything that had to do with a slight amount of pain.

I pasted on a smile when the children came into view. I had to control myself today.

"Hi!" I waved cheerily and tossed a stray teddy that was on the floor to one of the little girls. 

She looked up at me with bright, big eyes. 

"He's so talllll!" she giggled as she took the teddy and pointed up at me. 

I laughed and made a face, "One day you can be this tall too, little girl."

She hugged the bear and would not stop looking up at me. I was starting to feel a bit uncomfortable, so I gave her one last wink before heading into the office.  

And guess who my first patient was? It was that little girl. 

I pushed back the strange feelings inside of me as she grinned up at me. 

"Are you nervous?" I asked her, trying to make conversation so as to try to ignore the fact a little girl was staring at me. 

"No, you seem nice," she said matter-factly. 

"Well, if you are good then you get a prize after," I told her, putting on my gloves and getting everything ready. 

She jumped up and down happily, "What shall I get? Can I have that bear?" 

I looked down at the teddy she was holding in her arms. She took it from the break room. I bit back a laugh and shook my head.

"No, he belongs here...so he can be here next time you come."

She pouted, "NO. I want Teddy."

This was exactly why I didn't like doing cleanings on children. They were all fussy.

She got onto the chair, and she would wince at everything I did or try to talk nonstop. It was annoying as heck. She even tossed the teddy bear into my face when I was rinsing off her teeth after brushing them clean. The water sprayed everywhere thanks to the surprise, and it was my last straw. 

"Can you please stop?" I asked her, trying to hold back the annoyance in my voice. 

I reached over to take the teddy bear off the floor and handed it back to her.

"Don't throw it please," I said, "I don't want you to get hurt by anything if I get startled."

She pouted again and I felt like I wanted to shake her until her teeth rattled in her little skull. 

.................................

Y/N POV:

I looked up at him, clutching the teddy bear to my chest. He was looking down at me with a look of annoyance. Yes, it was annoyance. I saw it. 

If I kept this up, then I would not get a prize at the end. I really wanted to convince him to give me the teddy bear. I told myself that I would be extra good so that he would give it to me. 

"I will be good," I said, hoping that would be enough to make him give me the teddy. 

He smiled and I smiled again. Good, that was a good sign. 

I let him finish looking at my teeth. He told me that I was good but that I had a cavity and that he needed to speak to my mom. 

Did this mean that I wasn't good?! I was sad and started to cry because I really wanted the teddy bear. 

Mom came into the room and sat in a chair by mine. The dentist closed the door and started talking to her about my cavity and some other things that I didn't care about. 

I would be leaving this city, and this was the last time I would see Teddy. I really wanted to take him with me. He and I had a lot of memories. I really wanted to be good so that I could keep him. 

"Thank you, Dr Lee Wook, I am sorry for any trouble she might have caused," mom said.

That made my head turn and my ears perked up.

"Was I good?" I asked Lee.

Dr. Lee crossed his arms and looked like he was thinking. Then he smiled and nodded.

"Yes, you have been good...I will give you this one time!"

I clapped my hands, "Can I have Teddy?!"

Lee frowned and looked at my mom for a moment. Then he finally agreed.

"Ok, yes, you can have Teddy. He is in good hands with you," Lee laughed.

...........................................