Second Thoughts

LEE WOOK POV:

I didn't want this to turn into something that happened in the past. 

She really wanted to be more with me, and she didn't care that I was a vampire. However, I did care. I wanted her to be safe but there was no guarantee of that when she was around me. 

I might hurt her or do something that I might regret. 

She told me she understood.

But I don't think she could ever understand how serious this is.  The last time I fell in love it turned out disastrous...so terrible that I had killed her myself and had gone on a bloody rampage to let out my rage. This was something I did not want to ever do again. 

I had Y/N's blood and it only made me want more. 

How could I truly love her and protect her if I was like this? It was pretty much impossible. 

Her smile tormented me.

I wished she would just hate me...

There was a knock on my door. I looked through the peep hole and saw Y/N outside holding a box in her hands. 

Should I let her in? 

I was squirming inside...I was torn between sending her away saying that I could not accept what she told me or to take her and treat her as best as I could.

But how could I treat her well if I was what I am now? She would always be in danger, not to mention how strange she was too. 

Since she won't leave me alone...maybe I just had to be with her.

I found myself cringing at that thought.

She kept knocking like a psycho. 

Annoyed, I finally opened the door. 

"What?" I asked.

I didn't even disguise the annoyance this time. 

"You kissed me, and you are asking me what? I thought we had an agreement."

"What agreement?" I frowned, "I don't remember making one with you."

She clutched the box she was holding against her chest. I could tell she was telling herself to calm down. 

"Why can't you just be afraid of me?" I asked.

"Is there a reason to be?"

"I could kill you. You don't understand how strong a temptation that is."

"Then I will help you fight it."

My cold heart stopped. Those were the same words that the girl years ago had told me before she betrayed me.

"You..." I paused to catch my breath, "You say you will help me?"

"Yes."

"I have helped myself this whole time. I don't need you to distract me."

I turned away and started to close the door. My heart felt like it was bursting, and it was hard for me to catch my breath. I think I was having a panic attack. No. No. This could not happen again. It cannot.

"Please...just let me try." She was now begging me. 

I shook my head, "It is better if you don't."

She set the box down on the ground and got onto her two knees. She was looking up at me with large eyes and she clasped her hands together.

"Please, I mean it. You are worth it to me. I want to help you."

................................

Y/N POV:

I looked up at him. He was looking down at me, the corner of his mouth was upturned in a smirk.

"What makes you think I will change my mind?" he asked me. 

"Because even though you are a vampire, you have a heart."

He scoffed loudly, "What makes you think I do?"

I shook my head, "Why won't you let me try? Are you scared you will hurt me?"

He quickly looked away, "Hurt you? I know how to control myself."

"Did you though?" I asked quietly, "You still bit me."

Lee Wook didn't answer. He just started to close the door again. I watched in confusion as the door closed shut and I heard the lock click.

..............................