My Boyfriend is A Vampire

Y/N POV:

Lee followed me, the whole time, he was on his phone.

It was starting to annoy me.

Ever since he finally agreed to date me and not leave, he was either hot or cold. And today, he was being cold. 

"Lee!" I turned to face him and he nearly ran into me because he wasn't looking where he was going.

I put my hands on my hips.

"You agreed to take me out, so why are you being so rude?" I asked.

He looked up from his phone, his eyes wide and a pout on his lips, "Yes, I agreed to take you out. But not out shopping for three hours."

He held up the shopping bags that he was holding.

"I bought you too much and soon you will drain your allowance."

"I'm your girlfriend...I shouldn't have an allowance."

He rolled his eyes, "Yes, but you spend too much."

"$200 a month?"

"Yes!"

I dove to grab the bags and he lifted his arm so I had to jump to reach them. 

"I will return them if you act up," he warned.

"You are rich, why do you care how much you spend?" I asked, curious.

He paused as if thinking, and then he smiled slyly, "Because I just do."

"Hey! That's not a good reason!" I nudged him. 

He just laughed and tossed his head back, his freshly cut raven black hair swishing over his head.

"Ok, ok, you win," he laughed, "now where do we go?"

He stashed away his phone and linked his free arm through mine.

....................................................

LEE POV:

She was starting to be pleasantly annoying, if that made any sense. 

I still think she was a completely stupid woman to be wanting to have me by her side, but I guess she found my weakness and reeled me in.

Thinking back, I did not want to have what happened in the past happen to her, so there were boundaries set. 

She would not come to my house past 10 pm and if she did, I would keep her outside. 

And she always wanted to hang out...I thought it was a boyfriend's job to make the dates special, but she didn't care. She would want to go to the store with me, go get a quick lunch, or walk the train tracks with me, and then call those a date. 

As long as she was happy, I suppose. 

And now, as I waited in line to check out of the last store I told her we would go, I glanced down at her happy face and then at the line of bags on my arm.

She was impossible. 

She had spent about $774 in total and she was happy about it. And she would wanna do this every month. It was the second month and I was sure this would continue. If she did this, then she would drain my wallet and my budget would be nonexistent. 

I scoffed.

She looked up at me and raised an eyebrow, "Is everything ok?"

I puckered my lips, and shook my head, "Why you spend so much, huh? I don't have enough for my ice cream for each week because you spend this."

"I'll buy you the ice cream then," she grinned, "I always help!"

I inwardly groaned...she would buy the ice-cream when she finally got off her ass and decided to get a job. 

.................................................

She cuddled up next to me, much to my dismay. 

It was getting close to the time she had to leave. My hunger urges would get really bad when I could feel her heartbeat. 

"Hey," I pushed her away lightly, "you should get going now, we can't do this."

"I can't hug my boyfriend?" she pouted, looking suddenly upset.

I sighed, "You know why. Please don't make me explain again."

She let out an angry breath and let go of me and scooted to the other side of the seat, her arms crossed, and her eyebrows raised.

"It's not because I don't want you to, we spent all day together and you hugged me plenty."

"But you never do really hug me back." she sounded sad, "this is why I make you buy me things because that's the only way you can seemingly show any affection."

"You know, my hunger for human blood has become dangerously high ever since I tried to scare you away...in the hospital. I am a thread away from stealing their blood supply. You must understand."

I felt awkward. She was silent. I just wished she would understand me from my perspective. 

"I get you are a vampire--"

"And with a vampire, comes certain responsibilities and certain precautions." I interrupted.

I walked to the door. She grudgingly stood up and met me there.

I handed her the shopping bags from earlier and patted her head.

"I will see you again this week, don't worry," I laughed at her downcast face.

She stood solidly there and didn't move. I tried to gently shove her out the door, but she just kept her ground. 

My eyes, regrettably, lingered on her neck. I could almost feel the pulse, see the vein. I bit my lips and clenched my eyes shut, turning away.

It was time for blood and this is why she had to get away.

"Just go," I said, "please. Don't make it difficult for us."

How the heck did I ever think that a human and vampire would ever work? If there was some way to rid me of this disease, perhaps it would work, but there hasn't been any found.

Her pulse was ringing louder in my ears. 

I pushed her out the door, using my strength this time, and then slammed the door shut quickly before she could say anything.

My heart was racing and I could hear the blood roaring in my head. That had been a close one.

............................................