6 | Fate Brought Us Together

It was the day of the festival (the one that she completely forgot about), and Hikari could silently agree with Tohru on how nice Yuki looked in the outfit that he was advertising their classes stall with. He was pulling in the cash, so in the end it couldn't be all that bad.

These days, Hikari found herself carrying around the blonde boys backpack. She had met him days ago, but it felt like months, years even. Just far too long. 

Maybe that's why Hikari whipped her head around when she hear an all too memorable german accent. Her hair was in a ponytail today, so Hikari could practically feel the whiplash she got from turning her head so fast.

He was clutching onto Yuki, and she could only see the back of him, but there was no doubt it was him. Hikari was clutching the straps of his backpack so hard, she was surprised they didn't snap in half somehow. 

A smile grew onto her face when she realized he was wearing her backpack, too.

"Momiji, don't wander off all alone." A man called to him in the doorway.

So mystery boys name was Momiji? Cute.

"Are you acquaintances of Yuki?" One of the girls in the fanclub asked.

"Guten Tag! I'm Momiji Sohma, half japanese, half german!" He winked to the group of people in the room, still unaware of Hikari's presence.

Hikari stood up from her place on the floor, where she was previously decorating some more papers, unknowingly now making herself visible to Momiji. She was also unaware that she was the reason Momiji decided to tag along with Hatori to check on Yuki. 

"Kari!" He called out, causing Tohru and Kyo to look at her strangely.

"You know him?" Kyo asked.

"Yes, actually-" Hikari's explanation was put on hold when she felt Momiji tug her arm. 

"I missed you so, so much!" He smiled at her, of course not before kissing her on the cheek in front of everyone. Hikari was pretty sure her face rivaled the color of blood as Kyo laughed in the distance. 

Then Momiji caught sight of Tohru, and Hikari sighed in relief that her heart had stopped beating so fast. She faintly listened as he introduced himself to her, and got scolded by Kyo with how annoying he was being. So much so that Hikari felt the need to follow Tohru and the pair behind the olive colored curtain.   

"You're so mean Kyo!" Momiji cried.

Kyo was about to retort when Hikari slapped him upside the head.

"Stop acting like a bully, he was only having fun." Hikari pouted. 

Kyo looked at her with the most incredulous look she thought she'd ever seen on him, all while Tohru sweatdropped and lightly laughed at the situation. Momiji seemed to recover quickly after Hikari stood up for him. 

"It seems as though fate brought us together that night, huh?" Momiji laughed.

"I guess so," She paused to smile. "I figured out your name before you ever told me. So you're a Sohma, then?" 

Momiji nodded his head rapidly. Kyo and Tohru looked at them with a shared look of confusion. 

"You've met?" They asked.

Momiji answered for her.

"Yep! At my Papa's building, he's the CEO!" Hikari laughed as he said that like it was nothing. She could see Tohru's ghost leaving her body, on the other hand. 

Momiji turned back to Hikari, a new light in his eyes.

"Hey, you know the zodiac secret, right?" The blonde quizzed.

"Um, yeah..." Hikari wasn't sure where this was going. 

"So then It's ok if I hug you!"

But before he could, Kyo pulled him back.

"Hey! You can't just keep my Hikari all too yourself! I bet you hug her everyday, meanie!" Momiji stuck his tongue out at Kyo, while Tohru and Hikari just blinked in amazement at his rather... Endearing? Resolve.

His words must have caught Kyo of guard, so he let Momiji free, only for the blonde to run and hug Hikari, just as he planned. The cloud of smoke sent Hikari back, and until the green curtain opened, did she realize she was clutching an off-white rabbit, with Tohru and Kyo at her side in shock. 

Hikari just stared down at him with an exasperated look on her face. Momiji stared back up, and expecting look on his face for some reason. Maybe he wanted her to react poorly, just like everyone else in his life did. 

He wanted her out before he had a chance to let her in. In his mind, this was all a test. 

A test if Hikari Hayami could grow to love and accept a monster like Momiji Sohma. 

In a way he hoped she didn't, just so there wouldn't be a risk of doing the same thing to her that he did to his mother.

But Hikari didn't work that way, he would soon find out.

So thanks to Yuki's distraction, Hikari, Momiji, Kyo and Tohru made a break for the roof, shortly followed by Hatori.

Hikari ignored Kyo's scoldings, and Hatori's disappointed gazes as Tohru sat down next to her, watching as she still held Momiji.

"I had a feeling you would be the rabbit, earlier. Guess I was right." Hikari smiled down at him. She had a suspicion that he was one of the cutest things she had ever seen.

"I need you all too line up." Hatori demanded, kyo and Yuki already protesting.

Eventually, Kyo, Yuki, Tohru and Hikari, (who was still clutching Momiji), all lined up.

"I need you guys to finish the phrase," Hatori said this as if it was urgent. "Macaroni and-"

"Cheese!" The rest of them finished, the flash of a camera blinding them soon after. Hikari found herself laughing, as did Tohru. 

Apparently a photo was needed for a Sohma relative, but Hikari wasn't really paying attention. Later on, she kind of wished she did.

"I'll be leaving now, it was a pleasure to meet you." Hatori bowed. 

Momiji then jumped out of Hikari's arms, and into Hatori's. Trading out Hikari and his backpacks so they were now with their rightful owners. 

"Bis bald! By Kari, you too Tohru! I'll see you later!" He called out as he and Hatori made their leave. Kyo following swiftly behind because of that picture from earlier.

"If you ever find yourself alone with Hatori, it's best not to get close to him." Yuki stated as the trio of him, Hikari and Tohru made their way back to the festival. 

"If you say so." 

The truth was that he couldn't be that bad. Especially not if Momiji trusted him like he seemed too.

-----

oooooo 

i plan on making this fic more and more dramatic as it goes on, kinda like the anime does. Its starts all silly and wholesome, and then it gives you chronic depression. 

anyways

hope you likee :)))) vote, comment, whatever you wish

byeee