7 | Me, You, And Mom

The entire time Saki and Uo came to visit at the Sohma house, Hikari was nervous as hell. The two of them were people that have supported Hikari since they came into her life, but that didn't mean she didn't feel self-concious in the present situation.

The group of them were talking about Shigure's career as a novelist, something that Tohru was apparently shocked to hear. Hikari had known because of how he would ask her to help him find just the right words. On the rare occasion he decided to even work in the first place, of course.

"Hikari, do you mind helping me prepare the snacks?" Tohru asked politely after Shigure left. No doubt trying to give Uo, Saki, Kyo and Yuki time to talk.

-----

"You know they are probably talking about how they feel bad for not protecting us, which I think is... Interesting." Hikari pondered aloud while assisting Tohru.

Tohru's eyes widened, and then her expression settled to a warm smile. 

"Y-yeah, you're right." She paused. "I appreciate you Hikari." Tohru confessed out of nowhere. 

"O-oh, yeah... I... I appreciate you too..." Hikari wish she could say so much more, but for some reason her mouth wouldn't let her. 

Tohru made the sudden move for an embrace, one that Hikari returned gladly. 

"In the end, it will be me, you, and mom. I promise." Tohru mumbled into her friends hair. "Above all else, even Uo and Saki won't come before the three of us, as much as I love them with all my heart."

"I know Tohru, I know." Hikari felt her expression soften. "But it doesn't always have to be that way, you know." 

Hikari flinched at the fact she was bound by promise not to follow her own advice.

Hikari decided to drop the idea when when she felt saly droplets of water soak her scalp. 

"L-lets deliver the snacks!" Tohru finalized. 

----- 

After a night of games with her most prized people (including the ginger and rat boy, surprisingly), Hikari fell asleep in between the stars she was lucky enough to find in the vast universe of people that surrounded her.

All except for one, and that star was shaped like a bunny rabbit. Or it was to most people, but Hikari viewed its shape as the kindest boy in the world. 

-----

short chapter cuz tohru and hikari bestie supremacy

byeeeee mwah <3